• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aviary Q

beki

Mama Doe
Me and BF are really needing to get a aviary up and ordered before the winter. we have no time to dig out the patio where we are putting it permanently and so i wonder if i can do a temporary aviary that i can take down in the spring and add panels to. How do people attach their aviary panels together? would it work to drill a hole through each panel and attach them with bolts or wing nuts? also what do people do to secure them to the ground (patio not grass) or are the heavy enough not to need securing.

My first one was done with nuts and bolts and my second with just screws. I'd say the one with just screws would be easier to take down and re-erect.

One of mine is secured to the concrete, but the other isn't. I don't think it makes a difference either way TBH

I used mending plates and corner pieces to hold the panels in place, then I screwed them through using long but thin easy drive screws. I used panels on the bottom as well with turf laid on top

Well I started mine in May, & it's nearly finished:oops: But we had garden levelling to do, stepping, a playhouse to put up, painting & catflaps:roll::lol:

I agree screws - way easier. Although there is no way mine is ever gonna be taken down after all that work:lol:

Back