PDA

View Full Version : Think Lucy has diarrhoea

Nicola1
09-09-2010, 10:11 AM
:cry: just feels like one thing after another. It's literally just a brown liquid seeping straight out of her anus. I've given her some fibreplex, should I take her to the vets or wait and see if the fibreplex sorts her out?

Nicola1
09-09-2010, 10:27 AM
I also have some biolapis, should I give her that as well?

youngbunny2
09-09-2010, 10:30 AM
I would go to the vet,keep her bum clean or you could get flystrike

Fairy13
09-09-2010, 10:32 AM
I would take her straight to the vet. She could need antibiotics or other medication. lots of vibes x

Nicola1
09-09-2010, 10:41 AM
OH just rang vets and they said to wait 24 hours and only feed her hay and water, no veg or pellets :?

Nicola1
09-09-2010, 10:48 AM
It was literally only a trickle and it seems to have cleared up, it was only when I picked her up a few minutes ago, there was none on the floor of her room. I'm so worried should I ring back and insist on seeing the vet or should I wait 24 hours like they say?

Blackberry & Co
09-09-2010, 10:54 AM
It was literally only a trickle and it seems to have cleared up, it was only when I picked her up a few minutes ago, there was none on the floor of her room. I'm so worried should I ring back and insist on seeing the vet or should I wait 24 hours like they say?

If you have concerns then insist upon an appointment - you're the one who's paying, so it's up to you if you want to be seen today, not them.

Nicola1
09-09-2010, 10:57 AM
I don't know, because it has cleared up and it was just a trickle, I don't know what to do, it's never happened to one of my buns before

Blackberry & Co
09-09-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't know, because it has cleared up and it was just a trickle, I don't know what to do, it's never happened to one of my buns before

In that case keep her on hay, and keep an eye on her x

Nicola1
09-09-2010, 11:13 AM
In that case keep her on hay, and keep an eye on her x

ok thank you. I don't want to stress them out with the hour vet journey on public transport for nothing but I don't want her to be poorly! I'm at work this afternoon but OH is in all day so he can keep an eye on her x

susie bun
09-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Get well vibes for Lucy, and thinking of you. :wave: Not what you needed with all the worry over poor Zero's toe. :(

Jack's-Jane
09-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Is she passing normal poo and is she eating and drinking OK ?

What is her general demeanor and does her belly look unusually bloated ?

Nicola1
09-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Is she passing normal poo and is she eating and drinking OK ?

What is her general demeanor and does her belly look unusually bloated ?

She is nomming hay like there's no tomorrow, I haven't seen her drink though. She has passed normal poo I think. She is bright and hopping around and doesn't look bloated.

Thank you Susie Bun :wave:

Fairy13
09-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Ah ok. when my bun had diarrhoea there were big puddles of it evrywhere. I guess if just a trickle and nowt else and she's eating then just keep an eye. Hope she gets on ok x

Nicola1
09-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Ah ok. when my bun had diarrhoea there were big puddles of it evrywhere. I guess if just a trickle and nowt else and she's eating then just keep an eye. Hope she gets on ok x

Thank you :wave:. No if there were big puddles I wouldn't even be asking I'd be straight to the vet!!! It's just because it was such a tiny trickle that I'm unsure x

susie bun
09-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Wonder what caused it? :? They do like us to worry, methinks ... a couple of times Spenser has done a squidgy poo just before I leave if I'm going to be more than a couple of hours. :roll::roll::roll: