• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jemimah and Roger, grooming but still troubles.

Jaysmonkey

Wise Old Thumper
This is a slow bond; the relationship between the two buns has varied majorly.
When first adopting Roger we had them next to each other; to allow them get familiar with each other. On their first meeting (after the meeting at camp nibble) Jemimah wanted to be the dominant one, humping Roger when she felt like it. Roger used to thump his feet and run, thus starting a chase from Jemimah. Although through all this we've had grooming.

Now Jemimah is still grooming, but Roger keeps biting her back softly / no fur pulling and trying to get to her lady parts. We haven't had fur pulling yet, but biting yet still grooming, at the moment Jemimah seems fairly intimidated by him. She runs away and he chases her; never the other way around.

I don't know what to do right now, I'm bonding on neutral territory of course and both bunnies involved are neutered and have been for a significant period of time.

My main concern is that both buns have teeth and can do potentially awful damage to one another, I had a hard bond with Lenny and Betty ( Lenny was a horny aggressive man) but thankfully the fact Lenny had no teeth and Betty wasn't bitey back made it easy to progress with the bond.

As I type now Roger has flopped about 20cm away from Mimah feet out and all in the bonding pen.

I may be being over cautious, but I'd love some advice. :wave:

Thanks so much.

Stef x

Back