• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

my buns off his food please help

Ian'n'Chris

Young Bun
Hi i have a house bun who is well litter trained but just recently he has been leaving his droppings outside the litter tray, then this morning he decided to wee on my carpet and he wont touch any of his food can anyone please help!

Hey :wave:

If your bun won't eat, this is an emergency.

Do you know when your bun last ate something?

It could be a couple of things, a problem with his teeth that are causing him pain so he doesn't want to eat as it hurts, and/or could be a case of going into something called stasis, which is when a bun's gut slows down / stops working.

Is he pooping still okay this morning?

I would strongly recommend you take your bunny to the vets, they can hide illness very well and deteriorate very quickly.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Gray

hes been pooping fine this morning, the last time i saw him eat was last night, have just rang the vet to get him booked in. thanks

hes been pooping fine this morning, the last time i saw him eat was last night, have just rang the vet to get him booked in. thanks

Think a trip to the vets if your best bet, he'll be in the best place for a checkup there :)

Are his poops any different to normal, eg, different size/colour ?

No advice as Graham has it covered but vibes your bunny will be alright and respond well to vet treatment.:wave:

they are normal, he doesn't seem very happy he normally runs round my feet every morning to greet me but didn't bother this morning, hope hes ok :cry:

they are normal, he doesn't seem very happy he normally runs round my feet every morning to greet me but didn't bother this morning, hope hes ok :cry:

Awww your catching it early enough, offer some wet spring greens or herbs and a bowl of cooled boiled water and fresh hay while your waiting to go to the vet and stay calm, if you stress your bunny will sense it and make it worse, keep the tummy area warm aswell and the bunny - the ears go cold in bloat/stasis cases it's important to keep them warm and moving around but, without stressing them too much, much better to get vet treatment it could be teeth for example so bunny needs to be checked. Update later won't you, best of luck x

No advice as Graham has it covered but vibes your bunny will be alright and respond well to vet treatment.:wave:

I'm doing quite well for someone whos only been here 2 months eh? :wave:

I'm a bit of a sponge, soak up information very easily.

Keep us updated as to your buns progress. Hope he's alright and the vet helps him out!

He could just be having an 'off day' with his tummy, my little bunster has one every now and again, but picks up after a few hours, but id certainly want a vet visit anyway :)

Good Luck!

hope your bun is ok.
my oscar bun is off it today too, he is pooing but wont eat anything, were off to vets at two.
fingers crossed

I'm doing quite well for someone whos only been here 2 months eh? :wave:

I'm a bit of a sponge, soak up information very easily.

Keep us updated as to your buns progress. Hope he's alright and the vet helps him out!

He could just be having an 'off day' with his tummy, my little bunster has one every now and again, but picks up after a few hours, but id certainly want a vet visit anyway :)

Good Luck!

:lol::lol::lol: Yes indeed Graham, I'm no expert by any means but, like you have done a lot of reading/research - I think the internet is fabulous for enabling 'lay' persons to educate themselves, however - it will never substitute or replace a qualified vet ;)

:lol::lol::lol: Yes indeed Graham, I'm no expert by any means but, like you have done a lot of reading/research - I think the internet is fabulous for enabling 'lay' persons to educate themselves, however - it will never substitute or replace a qualified vet ;)

100% agree with this. I'd always suggest a vet visit. The notice above all threads in the 'Health' section always makes me pleased :)

Were you able to get an appointment for today? It should definitely be considered an emergency, but most likely caught early! Glad to hear he was eating last night.
Vibes for your bunny!

hi all :wave:
My poor bunny has to go back tomorrow to have his back teeth looked at, they gave him some painkillers which have seemed to have kicked in as he is eating again. thanks all for the advice x

100% agree with this. I'd always suggest a vet visit. The notice above all threads in the 'Health' section always makes me pleased :)

You can't wait to get Ginger, can you. Help, have 3 buns already but all this talk of new babies is making me broody....

my bun came back from the vets earlier after having dental work done, have been told to make sure hes eating etc... problem is hes hardly eaten anything not drank anything and wont let me near him to syringe feed him can anyone help x:cry:

Back