• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new rabbits

Tempest

Warren Scout
I picked them up today, they had settled in quite well so I decided to sit with them for awhile and managed to get some pictures.

Allow me to introduce Maple and Cherry-Blossom. They are two female 10 week old mini rex's. :D

Cherry-Blossom:

DSCN0444.jpg

DSCN0439.jpg

Maple:

DSCN0437.jpg

DSCN0436.jpg

And them both together:

DSCN0443.jpg

DSCN0442.jpg

DSCN0441.jpg

DSCN0440.jpg

DSCN0438.jpg

So far it seems that Cherry-Blossom is the bolder, greedy one. But Maple was certainly putting away the pellets and hay once she'd settled.

When I first got them home, Maple was so scared I couldn't get her out of the carry case. I had tipped it slowly to let them hop out. But she was clinging to the side like spider man!

They haven't worked out how to use the ramp in their hutch yet, but I think it'll just take them a little time :)

Last edited:
They are gorgeous :love:

You might want to think about using just lots of soft hay as bedding rather than wood shavings to protect their Rexy hocks :) Maple's in particular as she sits with a lot of pressure on the back part of the plantar region of her hind footsies.

Last edited:
:love::love:
Much squealing on the other side of the planet on sighting these Rexie girls!
They are quite simply lovely, gorgeous names too.

Completely second Jane's comment - prevention way better than cure when it comes to Rex hocks. I have been playing catch up with Gil's hocks ever since I rescued him.

They are gorgeous :love:

You might want to think about using just lots of soft hay as bedding rather than wood shavings to protect their Rexy hocks :) Maple's in particular as she sits with a lot of pressure on the back part of the plantar region of her hind footsies.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I take it they are a hit then? ;)

and I'll be sticking a layer of straw down right away untill I've gotten some soft hay. I do have timothy hay - but not nearly enough for their whole hutch to be covered in it.

The straw is quite soft so that should be better in the mean time :) Thanks for pointing out about their hocks, I didn't even think/realise about it :oops: though it makes sense as their fur is so much shorter they don't have as much protection there as my other buns had.

These are the first rexs that I've ever had. :love:

Just a little update on how they are settling in - great, they have been eating and pooping well. I've even managed a quick cuddle with each of them earlier today, which they seemed to enjoy :love:

Back