• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed sizes

MellyRabiit

Alpha Buck
Hi guys,

In a few weeks I am hoping my six buns are all going to be bonded together.

If all goes well I am going to put them all in a shed together. What size shed would I need for 4 medium buns, 1 small bun and one larger bun?

thank you

No run would be attached as too many foxes around here and naughty digging buns would dig out ! One of them virtually dug a burrow under my garden :roll:

Saying that they do get four hours exercise a day!

No run would be attached as too many foxes around here and naughty digging buns would dig out ! One of them virtually dug a burrow under my garden :roll:

Saying that they do get four hours exercise a day!

Then I'd say about 8 foot then. :) Although 7 foot would probably be alright too. But the bigger the better! :thumb:

Thanks I am going to have a look now :) Im so excited because all six of them together will be soooo much easier and I am going to take a day off to sort the shed out and modify it etc :)

Could you not get a run and double mesh it on all six sides? If they are going to be permanently in a shed then I would say as big as you can possibly fit in! My four live in my room and have about 8 foot by 8 foot area and I don't feel this is big enough for long term as there only area where they live. So they will soon be in here of a night-time and free-range on the top level apart form my parent's room of a daytime.

As I said its not necessarily the foxes in the day, one of them is a super digger and has already gone under my lawn :(! I would be more worried about them escaping unsupervised and getting out into next door neighbours gardens etc..

I am looking at 8ft x 6ft now. :)

But if you mesh underneath as well, all four sides and then top and bottom, then they can't dig out either. If it was me I'd still be concerned about foxes scaring them though. Just wanted to put forth that option.

Thanks for your input - to be honest I think 8ft by 6ft would be ok, as they do get four hours exercise daily and more on saturday and sunday :)

No chance of putting it on concrete, I have a patio but it isnt bigg enough - is right outside my patio doors and I wouldnt be able to see a thing :lol:

I have decking steps down onto the grass, which is much lower level.

Thanks for your input - to be honest I think 8ft by 6ft would be ok, as they do get four hours exercise daily and more on saturday and sunday :)

No chance of putting it on concrete, I have a patio but it isnt bigg enough - is right outside my patio doors and I wouldnt be able to see a thing :lol:

I have decking steps down onto the grass, which is much lower level.

I'm sure 8x6ft will be lots of space for them and they will love it! :D xx

if it's for 6 as a permanent home then I'd go as big as you can - especially with a larger bun in there. Maybe 10x8 if you can fit it in. But ideally I'd have a smaller shed and attach a large run since most buns prefer to be outside.

I have mine in an 8x6 shed with an attached run and my girls are super diggers - I just lined the run with wire and problem solved!

8 x 6 foot is 48 square foot, if you are not planning to add a run to this, I would be concerned that this is not big enough for 6 rabbits particuarly if this is to include one larger bun.

Most rescues will rehome 2 buns to 36 square feet which would include an attatched run, with 3 buns requiring 48 square feet.

If you have a shed you could put shelves in it to make the floor space greater.

8 x 6 foot is 48 square foot, if you are not planning to add a run to this, I would be concerned that this is not big enough for 6 rabbits particuarly if this is to include one larger bun.

Most rescues will rehome 2 buns to 36 square feet which would include an attatched run, with 3 buns requiring 48 square feet.

If you have a shed you could put shelves in it to make the floor space greater.

Could I just ask, what's the recommended rescue wise for four?

All rescues vary in their requirements although most have similiar requirements.

Many rescues require an overall space as they acknowledge that in the winter / wet months particuarly with people that work that rabbits are less likely to get reasonable periods of time out in a run if it is not attatched. Therfore many do have set minimum standards although this will be flexible and vary depending on size of the buns as well as what is available.

With regard to over 3 rabbits you would need to approach individual rescues, it will be over a total of 48 square feet but how that is made up would be fleexible with most rescues. Accomodation can be adapted and with a bit of though most types of decent sized accomodation can be adapted as long as there is space within a reasonable distance of main base and people are flexible and willing to use some imagination.

All rescues vary in their requirements although most have similiar requirements.

Many rescues require an overall space as they acknowledge that in the winter / wet months particuarly with people that work that rabbits are less likely to get reasonable periods of time out in a run if it is not attatched. Therfore many do have set minimum standards although this will be flexible and vary depending on size of the buns as well as what is available.

With regard to over 3 rabbits you would need to approach individual rescues, it will be over a total of 48 square feet but how that is made up would be fleexible with most rescues. Accomodation can be adapted and with a bit of though most types of decent sized accomodation can be adapted as long as there is space within a reasonable distance of main base and people are flexible and willing to use some imagination.

Ah, thanks I was just wondering with regard to my own. They currently have my room of about 64 but that includes my bed which I don't allow them to go under. So I think they have enough.

I'd say 8X6' would be alright since they get exercise outside of it too. :)

I have an 8X6 shed and want to bond my four lionheads (small-medium) and let them live in there, and I dunno if I can attach a run or not, so this thread was useful. :)

Back