• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on (hopefully) bonding my two bunnies (Tinkerbell and Angelo). Angelo (English Lop X) is the newest addition to our wee family (rehomed from the SSPCA) and was only just neutered on Monday. Tinkerbell is our 3yr old (spayed) mini-lop who sadly lost her best friend last month :cry:

I really need some advice as to when I can start safely introducing them to each other and how!

They are both in separate housing at the moment but I've got them facing each other. I thought this was a good idea at the time but I'm beginning to think I should move Angelo's hutch until he settles as it feels a bit like I'm teasing him - as soon as he spies Tink he's grunting and biting the wire of his hutch/run and very little seems to distract him :?

He seems a pretty frustrated wee guy but I'm hoping he'll calm down now he's been neutered?

Any help/advice you can give would be very much appreciated!! :wave:

I'd wait a few weeks after his neuter before you try and bond them, as his hormones will be all over the place!

Once he's calmed down, it should be easier, but the bonding experts here should be able to offer some great assistance :)

Back