• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have any of you painted...

The inside of your shed/wendy house?

The wendyhouse I'm getting is a bit dirty/wrecked inside and is there any reason I can't paint it with pet safe paint?? :? Can't think of any reasons myself..thought I'de check with you knowledgeable (sp?) people first though ;)

I have, with Cuprinol 'Garden Shades' or Wilco's 'Colour your Garden' They are described as being animal safe once dry but to be honest my bunnies don't tend to chew the wood inside their playhouses anyway. If they are avid chewers it might be a better idea to line the houses with plywood instead to be on the safe side and to protect the wood from further damage xx

I painted the inside of my shed with the cuprinol garden shades (for much the same reason as you say), did seem to improve it, and also seems to "sweep" out better.

Hannah :)

I paint the inside using cuprinol heritage shades, it's the same as garden shades but in more sensible colours :)

My dad won't let me paint the shed and hutches :(

He says the fumes will kill the rabbits even once it's dry, or that it'll start to look messy/scruff on the outside faster than wood. But the shed is 5 years old and looks scruffy enough already!

He probably thinks I'd paint it pink . . . but I was thinking more like cream or yellow or something neutral :lol:

Back