• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbit is eating my hair.

Maddy-Hazel

Warren Scout
Ok, so my girly bun Hazel likes to nibble my hair if she's sitting near it. At first I though it might just be for attention or if she wanted hay or something but I'm starting to doubt that. The reason? She only eats my hair, no one else's, and only if it's slightly dirty. Say like I've been working out or something, or that time when my shower was broken for a few days. As I type she's sitting on the back of the couch, waiting for me to lean back far enough. There are two others on the couch, but she's only interested in me. Is it over zealous grooming? Or is she just a weirdo? :lol:

I think its related to grooming. I have a boy who will start by licking my forehead and then get onto my hair and start chewing.

Its important they don't eat it because it could cause problems in their gut though. So try to find her something else to groom/eat :lol: Silly bunny. She loves you though!

My two bucks often sit and lick my face and then sort of gravitate to my hair to have a nibble, the amount of times I've found Pickle with a strand of my hair hanging out of his mouth..

Its a sweet grooming behaviour :D Don't forget rabbits tongues pick up hair the same way cats do which makes bunnies prone to fur balls and various digestive problems. So yeah make sure she's not ingesting much of it, because that could give her problems, but generally I think it's something to feel nice about :)

I have sticky up fringe because of womble eating my hair :evil:
shes sneaky, she licks my face like she grooms pinky (pinky does this two minus the fringe attack:lol:) then she will have a good chew but not a the ends she goes close to the root so I will be running my finger through my hair and locks will out :shock: :roll:

and when you pin your hair back, why is it no amount of hairspray seems to stick down the now tufty bits?!?!?!

Last edited:
Back