• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch makeover for summer! Pics!

fiona3

Warren Scout
Ive gone on a mad painting spree in my garden, fences - the garden furniture and then i decided to give the buns hutch a lick of paint while they have been out enjoying the sunshine this week. :D
It was just stained before sort of yellow colour but now its properly sealed and painted eggshell blue or "SEAGRASS" as it says on the tin! I think it looks lovely. Not sure what the buns think tho! My hubby is in France just now, i wonder if he will notice when he comes back next week! Probably not.:shock: All i need now is a big new nameplate for the hutch.
hutchpaintedblue.jpg

Thanks! I realise its a bit bright but its such a big part of my garden i thought what the hell lets go for it. :lol:

It looks like my parents beach hut painted that colour! :D I wanted to paint my shed and the playhouse in bright nautical looking stripes but the olds wouldn't let me... so they're just dark green. How boring! :lol:

My OH made it for me. Its 8ft by 3ft and about 5ft high.It was going to be double tiered but now has a turret room. :lol:It had to fit under my kitchen window so hence funny shape. The buns do use the "wee room" . I like having the hutch close to the house. Long dark winters in Scotland. They do have a run at the top of the garden which they are out in nearly every evening. At least its really waterproof now and has had a good scrub and spruce up.

Back