• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutering/bonding question! U/D - new question!

georgie_f

Mama Doe
Hello everyone!

Bit of a random question... Cloud was spayed a couple of weeks ago and Brian is booked in tomorrow to be neutered. The idea is to bond them together.

I know males can be fertile for up to eight weeks after neutering but as Cloud has been spayed and cannot become pregnant, can I put them together sooner (obviously, I'll make sure they're both healed properly!) or should I still wait for the full eight weeks?

I'm dying to put them both in their new playhouse! :lol:

Thankies! :wave:

Last edited:
As long as they are both healed nicely there is no reason why they cannot be put together after a fortnight if your girlie is already neutered.

Thank you! That's good news :D - I was a little worried I'd have to wait the whole eight weeks and they'd miss having most of the summer in their new home.

Riiiight, new question!

I actually bonded Cloud to Barley yesterday so I'm making new arrangements for Brian.

The idea now is to bond Brian to Pharrell and Daphne. I think the playhouse will be plenty big enough for three. :)

As it's a trio and Pharrell is another male, should I wait longer?! I have tried to bond Pharrell and Daphne into a four with Thistle and Jess before and the two of them were as good as gold and got on with Thistle fine (Jess was a little monster though so it didn't work out).

I'm assuming hormones will be more of a problem in this situation. Pharrell and Brian have sniffed each other through their run wire and I haven't seen any major signs of aggression, but I don't want to risk them having a fight unnessicarily.

I would definateley wait 5 - 6 weeks before bonding 2 males together, you may even then find that the time elapsed is not long enough

Thank you again - what would I do without you eh?! ;)

I'll wait a couple months. I really don't want to cause a fight that would have been avoidable. Patience is a virtue and all that!

Hopefully, when I do get round to bonding, it'll all go smoothly. Pharrell and Daphne weren't phased at all by big ole' Thistle (he's male) and Brian just wants to sniff everyone all the time and he doesn't seem to have a bad bone in him. He was free ranging today and there's been a little wildie bun in the garden - it shot out of nowhere :)shock:) and went to say hello to Brian today. He licked it on the head and carried on munching his grass. :love:

Back