• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

extra levels in runs.

angieb

Mama Doe
today i have worked really hard and i am so proud of myself! :D
i have put another level in one of their run parts and now i am a bit worried. :? on the open side i have put a edge on but its not very high so i am worried that they might fall over the edge. they would have to jump over and couldnt just slip but surely they wouldnt??? :?
i would just like a bit of advice and anyone elses experience. :)

Where I used to work the buns lived in large sheds, with each one having a ramp up to a wide shelf. None of the shelves had edges, and the buns never fell off (some used to jump off for fun :roll:)

I guess if you have a bun with poor eyesight it would be a worry.

My two are more cautious about jumping down from things than they are jumping up onto things in the first place, but it sounds like Blackberry knows some kamikaze buns. :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

As long as it isn't too high off the ground, it should be fine.

how high is it? anything up to 2ft I wouldn't worry about

To be honest the buns I worked with jumped down quite happily from a 3 foot high shelf (and they were dwarfs :shock:), but they knew which bit to jump from to get the soft landing (ie the pile of hay) :lol:

Back