• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb

Bitzy

Mama Doe
Hiya

Well I've just received my order from the hay experts and have a mahooosive bag of megazorb! YAY

Only thing is, I'm not 100% sure what to do with it now .... whats the best way of using it?

Mitzy is litter trained, do I just slap some in her litter tray and empty it each day?? Do I need to put anything else in there as well? (she currently has newspaper and hay in her litter tray). What kind of depth do I need to put in, just enough to cover the bottom or does it need to be deep??

Thanks, Jo (& Mitzy) x

Hiya we use megazorb :wave: (and carefresh as well :oops: on top of the megazorb - as find being house buns that megazorb sticks to furry feet and gets everywhere!) Megazorb is extremely absorbent - great stuff.
Everyone has their own method - we use a wad of newspaper at the bottom of the tray, megazorb on top (about half an inch) just down one half of the tray, and then a thin layer of carefresh on top of that. We put the hay down the other end of the tray only as our buns only use one half to pee and poop in - so the hay stays clean. :D

Going by what you normally do, I would just line the tray with newspaper and put a layer of megazorb on top - as thick as you like - and hay on top of that.
Most people change litter trays daily. Because we only have two buns and four trays spread over different levels of the house (they're not very good at sharing) ours don't get dirty enough to warrant daily changing - so we put fresh litter on top and do it every other day. :wave:
(In summer I would change your trays daily - flystrike risks etc)

Back