• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pre Bond Lodgings.

Maddy-Hazel

Warren Scout
Hey there, hate to be making so many posts, but I want to makes sure I'm doing this right.
As some might remember, I'm going to be bonding Hazel and Fiver once Fiver has been neutered and has had a while to calm down. We only got Fiver a few days ago, and he is quite timid. I was just wondering if it would be safe to have him in out bedroom, where Hazel is. He would be in a separate enclosure, but they would be able to hear and smell each other, and maybe even see each other. We spend the bulk of out time in the bedroom, so he would be able to get used to us, and it would be easier for me to sit by him and talk to him. Also the room he's in now also has the ferret's cage, and the ferret is very noisy. No doubt it might be a little frightening to him.
Also, any tips to help him gain out trust would be lovely. So far we've just been sitting with him, talking gently and giving him little treats here and there. He does relax a little after a while licks my knees for some reason. He also sort of miffed that I reduced his pellets, but he didn't seem to be eating a much hay as I would like. Thank you for any advice :D

Back