• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My name is Beckie and I am a feeder...

beckie20

Mama Doe
This was a jokey conversation that started at work, but now I'm wondering if I am giving my buns too much veg!

Between the 2 of them each day they have probably have slightly more than an eggcup full a day of pellets, and then 2 (slightly heaped) bowls of various different vegetables and herbs.

Obviously, hay is there all the time, but they don't seem to eat much of that, so I give them a handful of Burgess Marigold and Dandelion and a large handful of Timothy Hay every day to encourage them to eat more hay, and these are usually gone by the next day.

They are fine health-wise/poo-wise/weight-wise, but obviously prevention is better than cure, so I'm wondering if I'm feeding too much veg and that's why they don't eat so much hay?

Any advice is gratefully received, and I will try to control my feeding problem now that I have realised I have one!:D

xxx

My thoughts are as long as there is an awareness of the fruit and veg that cause weight gain, gas and too much calcium, i dont feel theres any problem.:wave:

Back