• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look at these horrible quality hutches for sale!

AriaSwan

Warren Scout
Ugh, I am looking for a wifey for Bentley, and I would need a extra cage from when I first get the girl. So, I come across alot of small, and in horrible shape hutches! :evil: These should be in the garbage, they aren't fit for a rabbit.
:? They want $90 for this!
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/grd/1712988872.html

http://abbotsford.en.craigslist.ca/for/1703755147.html

http://abbotsford.en.craigslist.ca/grd/1707409430.html

That one's in okay shape but it's tiny! I don't know how people expect to get money for these.

Last edited:
:( when will the message of decent accomodation for rabbits ever get through to people?

Those hutches are appalling. They only appear fit for firewood.:evil:

Judging by the hutches, some people in Canada also appear, unfortunately, to have the "It's only a rabbit" thinking that is so common in the UK.:(

A lot of the Canadian pet supply websites appear to have exactly the same tiny rubbish hutches they sell here.:roll:

Maybe you could take VikkiVet's guidelines document and check out what's available in Canada that's suitable.

Good luck with getting some suitable accommodation for your rabbit(s).:wave:

Gosh they are truly awful :shock: Staggering how they are actually described as "large" as well! I would so like to put these people in dark room they couldn't stand up in or lie stretched out in for say, a week or two and see how they felt afterwards.:evil:

I know, rabbits aren't very common pets and alot of them aren't kept well. I mean, even if that was big enough I would be afraid of that hutch crumbling around my bun! They have been for sale many times, I don't think anyone is buying due to the bad state they are in. We don't have many rabbits in rescues though thankfully, about four in my local one, but yes, most of our stuff sold is unsuitable. I bought the biggest cage I could find but he's normally a free-range bunny. I also had to order my hutch and run from the UK and pay tons of shipping. :roll:

I know, rabbits aren't very common pets and alot of them aren't kept well. I mean, even if that was big enough I would be afraid of that hutch crumbling around my bun! They have been for sale many times, I don't think anyone is buying due to the bad state they are in. We don't have many rabbits in rescues though thankfully, about four in my local one, but yes, most of our stuff sold is unsuitable. I bought the biggest cage I could find but he's normally a free-range bunny. I also had to order my hutch and run from the UK and pay tons of shipping. :roll:

Sounds like the buns in Canada are very lucky to have you around :D:D

:O those hutches are shocking! Whats the point in making something that small in the first place? Surely it doesn't cost that much more to make something a decent size!

The only thing these would be good for is fire wood, having said that, I have seen breeding hutches that are smaller but, because they are newer looking they are deemed alright - I think that the size of accomodation provided to some rabbits indicates the size of the brain in the human providing it - tiny or small ie completely thick shats !

Yeah, those hutches could maybe be a shelter for a run, but not really. But they are falling apart

Are they hillbillies selling them ?- they look really old fashioned like something you would see in a movie like the hills have eyes or something.

I'm going to try and look on the bright side and think that just because some doofus wants to put these up for sale hopefully nobody would actually buy them.:roll: People often try and sell tat on the internet but hopefully doesn't mean they'll get a sale.

Back