• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peter and Wife..and diet

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Our Peter has got himself a wife:D
She is a lovely bunny called Bobbie
her owner took her in with some other buns who were dumped and has done well with them
She has had them all neutered and vacs..paired up two and then called me for a husbun for Bobbie

peterb-1.jpg

Bobbie is overweight, as her owner admitted she was not up to date on diet..she has been feeding Excell, hay..but huge amounts of veg and honey type treats..Bobbie was messy-bummed as could not and would not clean herself
Her owner has been washing Bobbie's botty daily
I talked to her owner when she bought Bobbie over and was shocked her vet who had vacs her two weeks previously had told her all speyed rabbits get fat and gave no advice on diet.
She knew about hay and veg from the internet
Bobbie's owner said she learnt more about rabbit care in half an hour with me than from loads of visits to her vet
I cut Bobbie's veg down..gave her different types of hay and SS mixed with her excell
The result is her bottom has been clean for 3 days..and here is a pic of her original poos..with the new improved ones:oops::lol:

ppo.jpg

Gorgeous bunnies! :love:

Oh dear, what a shame about the lack of information from the vet - but great she has got lots of info from you, Jill.

And, erm, those poos look much healthier! :mrgreen:

(Starbuck's sometimes look a bit like the ones on the left...why is that? :oops:)

if a bunny has tiny poos it is usually down to too little fibre and/or moisture
so increase hay eating..trying different types..oat hay although expensive is always popular ..make sure bun is drinking enough and give juicy greens

if a bunny has tiny poos it is usually down to too little fibre and/or moisture
so increase hay eating..trying different types..oat hay although expensive is always popular ..make sure bun is drinking enough and give juicy greens

Thats strange because he eats lots of hay and he loves his spring greens and parsley. If anything its the pellets he isnt too fussed about. Though he doesnt drink that much. May try oat hay to see if it helps at all. Thank you.

vet said spayed rabbits get fat,????? ( covers her girls ears to avoid complex ) wasnt married was he and feeling a lil bitter :?

daft vet

On a happy note hooray for big poooooooooos * i still love the fact we can all talk about poos here, and everyone either cheering or sending poo vibes *:lol:

bobbie is bootiful too :love: her husbun will help get her trim no doubt :D

Back