• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foster Wanted: Fosted home is needed

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of yamazumi

I had two rabbits, Izzie and Stella since I was 10 ½. Last Sunday Izzie died aged 8 ½ leaving behind Stella. Now he’s been a bit withdrawn and not eating as much since but generally he seems healthy and is booked in for the vets on Monday.

I know I really need to find him a new companion, it’s not fair to leave him alone when he had Izzie for almost 9 years. However, the problem being is that I’m going to University in September, and my mum is going to be looking after him and she won’t let me have another one as “the same thing will happen again” grr.

So I have two options, rehome Stella with a new friend, or, this is what I’m asking help for, have someone foster Stella from September until next July (about 10 months), as well as his new friend. However, for any of this to be possible I’m going to need a guaranteed foster home for those 10 months before I can ask can to my mum, explain she won’t be responsible, and bond another rabbit with Stella, who will then go with him to his foster home.

I’ll of course cover all costs for the rabbits during the 10 months.

I’ll take them both back in the Summer, then when I go into my second year and live with my girlfriend in private accommodation take them both with me, whatever the costs.

Stella is a cross bred rabbit, his dad was a black dutch and his mum was what I think a harlequin dutch. Whatever she was Stella and his siblings came out slightly large than a dutch and a rusty orange colour.

He’ll be 9 on May 31st and has been neutered since he was 6 months. He’s pretty mellow and in no way aggressive. Prefers sitting next to you rather than on you but as long as you pick him up right won’t struggle or run away when you pick him up. From what I can tell he is healthy but we’ll see on Monday after the vets.

He has a run/hutch combo but as it is all in one it would be very difficult to transport.

So, what I ideally want is a foster home for Stella and a new friend from September 2010 until July 2011, where I’ll cover all costs. If that isn’t possible however I am willing to rehome him permanently with a new bunny friend : ) I would obviously prefer to keep him but in the end I just don’t want him alone.

I’m located in Derbyshire/East Midlands.

I think HolidayHutch does long term boarding? Is that on option.

She's on here - you could PM her. She's in Barnsley, South Yorkshire

Stella spends nights inside at the moment, and goes outside during the day as long as it's nice. But he was an outside bun before he lost his sister.

Back