• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"Nipping" whilst playing normal?

chelle

Warren Veteran
Hi all!:wave:

Just wanna say first say THANKS for all the advice....Im understanding my girls alot more & their needs esp. diet! :D

Ok - so we playing nicely - I pretend to jump about with my hands & Arabella flicks her legs in the air and chrages off & then back at me again! and then she rubs her chin over my hand & nips me!:shock:

This is the first time she snipped me with purpose & Im not wanting to get a harder nip!:shock:

So I said "No!" sternly and tapped her nose - then I also did the squel thing that Ive tried before with no effect but this time she heard me! she looked at me and hoped away but still was looking atme. i then stroked her & we continued our game!

So! Is this the right way to explain to them that nipping is not ok?:?

xxxx:p

Arrabella is bigger than Indiana & is always pushing her to see what shes doing! Im gathering this is abit of partial bullying.....should I do anything apart from make sure Indian is eating & drinking enough?
Should I be abit firmer with Arrabella?

i feel like I have childrens! lol!:lol::lol::lol:

hey all! :D

Im sure this is normal - but how do you all show / train / reprimand / explain in bunny ways not to nip?

Am hoping that they will learn whilst young!:lol:

Only had older buns when i was younger.....and they were cuddle buns.....and never played "tag" with me!:D:lol:

Im having so much fun with them - but realise Im their mum now and wanna be a good one! :D

Anyone got bunny training degree?:)

xxxx

first never ever tap the nose,( sorry pet hate of mine) firm no is fine,:)

the nipping is just playing most of the time in your case i feel it is, :D she seems to be showing she loves you, she neutered yet, sorry so many new people here i forget :oops: ) as this will ease it after a few weeks

I know its hard but try to remain relaxed, if your tense expecting her to nip she most likely will again

I think its loverly you are playing games with her, try obsticles i.e. offer a loo roll, or set them up as skittles ( well 2 mine love this game) just watch for when she gets bored and throws it hard, game over:lol:

build some tunnels out of boxes etc most buns love just running round, then offer very small treats, be aware you may get niped as your finger wil smell tasty too

other people play games hopefully suggest some more things to do

Hi! Thanks so much for the tips!:D

Will not tap her nose again! Feel really bad after !:(
Will stick to saying no firmly i think!

Shes not spayed yet...nor is her sister - her tiny little sister!
They (Indiana & Arrabella) are almost 11 weeks old now - had them 2 weeks today!:D
Am going to get them spayed when they the right age...am worried about it but will deal with that when the time comes....Im sure they will be fine...just Indiana is so small & abit skinny! Im keeping a firm eye on her and shes slowly putting on weight....but shes just abit frail i think.....

Its so wonderful they are playing with me & so much fun!
They have toilet rolls stuffed with hay...& a small ball with a bell in it which they nudge now & then, Mostly they jump around & check me out & then go madly fast!:lol:
Ive also got a carboard box with 2 holes....they enjoy going in & out!:lol:

I will def. try the skittles game - sounds great!:p

Hopefully folks will put more game ideas on here too!
Cheers so much!:p;)

Back