• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why is my rabbit moulting?

babbit

Young Bun
sorry if posted in wrong place :roll:
mario as been moulting now for wks and we dont kno why
at first i thought it might be because we've had him in the house since christmas due to the bad weather(not being crul to him as he's very tem to all of us)sometimes i think he thinks he's a cat or dog :lol:
he as the run of the house with a door always open to go out
so dont kno why he's hair is falling out in piles

and for the past wk he's not been as lively as he norm is
he just sits under the swing in the garden(in the rain)

dont kno what to do to help him

Its the time of the year for moulting... my four are all doing it... getting rid of the winter covers and getting ready for spring :D

Check he's getting the right food. My lops moulted continuously when their diets were bad. Since changing to masses of hay, handful or veggies, tablespoon of pellets their moulting has drastically decreased.

My were the scruffiest little chickens last week, but yesterday they were looking a lot better so I brushed the last bits out.
X x

also indoor buns do tend to moult more, try and get them used to a brush if you can, or if and when you get to stroke "pluck" any loose fur out

Back