• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Arghhh - Freecycle

Doghouse135

Mama Doe
I have listed 3 hutches on freecycle as they are no longer needed. They all need a bit of work as they've been sitting in the garden empty all Winter.

I carefully detailed that the 5ft ones would only be suitable for a pair of guineas and the 3ft one could only be used as temporary housing or if attached to a permanent large run but still only for a guinea.

Well I've had so many people ask for them for rabbits but tonight took the biscuit.

A gentleman asked for the 3ft one for his grand daughters 6 WEEK OLD bunny. I replied that it wasn't suitable and that the RWA and RSPCA recommend 6ft etc etc - I didn't even discuss the fact that 6 weeks was too young to have been taken away from it's poor mother or the fact that it will need a friend :censored:

This is the reply I got:

Hi Karen ,
Its only for a few weeks as we are moving and we have a 4ft hutch brand new flat-packed but as we are moving in about 2 weeks i needed a hutch to put this rabbit in its better than a cage we bought from pets at home.
I have been to the RSPCA and they informed me that the hutch i have bought is ample with a 4 ft run that comes with it and they said if you get a 3ft hutch as i told them about the hutch on free-cycle, they said that would be fine for a while until we move .
They also helped me with the choice of which hutch to get. Sorry you can't help me out thank you anyway.

Kind Regards

I wouldn't give the 3 foot one away just in case :( I have taken in buns and guineas with some shocking hutches and the hutches have all been reduced to firewood before taking to the tip!!!

Back