• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding as I type...At last!!!!!!!!!!!!

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Roland and Mrs Bun.
She was as still as a rock the first few minutes...then they sniffed at each other,heads down and stuff, then sniffing backsides,then alot of flopping in front of each other, now they are quiet and laying side by side.Roland has been grooming her and in between her ears.Shes not grooming him.
Been about an hour....one small chasing session in that time.
I think its going well, touch wood!!!
Any vibes please?? I panicked a bit when the chase was on.....:roll:

Last edited:
chaseing normmmmmmmmmmmmmmal * breatheeeeeeeeeeeeeee * :lol:

flopping grooming already veryyyyy good signs, Just get that bottle of wine in think you need it more :lol:

Just had big chase...Im not sure if they were biting each other, but no blood...just damp fur.Settled down now....:shock:

*calm*

Sending you good bonding hugs! :love::love::love:

You know how I was last time....:oops::shock:

They each thumped but now all is quiet again...each bun at each end of the cage!! Is this ok???
I stepped in and stroked both...talking gently..was that the right thing to do???

try not to touch them, just leave them to it, you dont need to intervene, they have to sort out who going to be boss out of the two, and its not you :)

do you remember the huge fight in watershipdown with the general at the end?

that is how buns that hate each other pretty much fight, it is horrific to watch and a nightmare to separate to,

you may get crafty nipping of feet and ears, its a ploy to get them to move, in my linuses case to shift his wife from the corner so he could mount her :lol:

chaseing, jumping, thumping, stand offs nose to nose, fur pulling opposite sides to cage all fine :D

try not to touch them, just leave them to it, you dont need to intervene, they have to sort out who going to be boss out of the two, and its not you :)

do you remember the huge fight in watershipdown with the general at the end?

that is how buns that hate each other pretty much fight, it is horrific to watch and a nightmare to separate to,

you may get crafty nipping of feet and ears, its a ploy to get them to move, in my linuses case to shift his wife from the corner so he could mount her :lol:

chaseing, jumping, thumping, stand offs nose to nose, fur pulling opposite sides to cage all fine :D

Never saw the film but have every intention of doing so while im on holiday this week........
Theyre still laying apart...but ok,I will just have to grin and bear it.
I do wish somebun was here....my nerves are a wreck!!
Im taking them out to dinner with me tonight....Im not leaving them.....
Just dont want nobun to get hurt!! (Im a pillock I know....:oops::roll:)

taking them out to dinner, you going out tonight ?? where are you bonding them ??

I'd really advise against going out, either that or get someone in with strict instructions on what to look out for or point them to here, you need to be around for 48 hours min

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuvON-oQjxU&feature=related

blink and you miss this isnt a nice fight. browseing youtube isnt a good idea the stupidity of a lot of people :evil:

but i am trying to find an example of a nasty bunny fight, some are not fights some are just obvious unneutered buns displaying mounting behaviour

taking them out to dinner, you going out tonight ?? where are you bonding them ??

I'd really advise against going out, either that or get someone in with strict instructions on what to look out for or point them to here, you need to be around for 48 hours min

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuvON-oQjxU&feature=related

blink and you miss this isnt a nice fight. browseing youtube isnt a good idea the stupidity of a lot of people :evil:

but i am trying to find an example of a nasty bunny fight, some are not fights some are just obvious unneutered buns displaying mounting behaviour

Oh My God!!!! Thats some fight....
The bunnies are in a large cage....Im only popping up to my ex...I will txt him and get him to come to me.I was going to take them with me...no matter.

If the buns fight like that,is it best to separate??? Try again later???
Thanks for your posts......xxx

At the stages youve had i would be surprised if you get a fight like that, to be honest expect stand off, nipping chaseing thumping, but if the only last a few sec and they are not at it hammer and tong ( see second video)

do you have a broom or something of the sort, if a fight you feel is going on too long say 30 sec just gently prise them apart just by wedgeing the broom between ( seperates as well as saving your fingers, )

scatter dinner to avoid food scuffles, but if you get grooming etc its going fine honest,

Avoid your ex approaching the buns too. funny outside smell MAY unsettle, just to be on the safe side, spesh if they havent met or seen him for a long time

you putting any pics or vids up ???:D

but does that vid make you feel a little better in what to look for knowing yours have not been as bad :D

in the second link i sent. i foolishly put my hand in a fight like that to seperate, they were so focused on what they were doing i had a bun attached to the back of my hand mid fight, blimin hurt, poor bun whos normaly placid too hid in the corner after was the other buns who was a madam, i didnt tell him off as it wasnt his fault just mine,

Crikey,Areia!!Would a jug of water have done the trick??
They did leap over each other a bit.......but its all quiet now.Nothing else going on.No grooming,nothing!! At separate sides....the cage is 3ft x 1.5ft.Got told a small space is the best way to do it.:?
I will put them nowhere near the ex...he never went near them anyway.

jug of water not best idea then you got soggy bunnies to dry :lol:

silence is fine :)
have you got a litter tray in the space with fresh hay in, often one take charge of it,

You arent going to believe this but not a peep!! Nothing!!
He tries to groom her for a few seconds then stops.Sitting apart,or flopped or asleep,eating or drinking but no chasing, no humping...Nothing.The night was peacful too.
Are they ok????

You arent going to believe this but not a peep!! Nothing!!
He tries to groom her for a few seconds then stops.Sitting apart,or flopped or asleep,eating or drinking but no chasing, no humping...Nothing.The night was peacful too.
Are they ok????

Are they ok?! :lol::lol::lol::lol: They're absolutely fine! That sounds great Evie! And hopefully allowed you some sleep!! :D

I slept like a log..unlike when those other monsters were bonded!! Theyre in the spare room...gnawing on the hutch,going up and down the ramp,banging the litter tray,slurping out the bottle...little sods!! and Mrs B and Roland were :angel::angel:
When are they going to start doing things?? Dont tell me they are madly in love already....they look like a divorced couple!!!!:lol::lol:

I slept like a log..unlike when those other monsters were bonded!! Theyre in the spare room...gnawing on the hutch,going up and down the ramp,banging the litter tray,slurping out the bottle...little sods!! and Mrs B and Roland were :angel::angel:
When are they going to start doing things?? Dont tell me they are madly in love already....they look like a divorced couple!!!!:lol::lol:

Give them time!! ;)

Theyve snuggled this afternoon....shared food and Roland has groomed Mrs Bun more than usual.
A very slow bonding but hope it will be a firm one.

Back