• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For Honeybunny, Sparkle and anyone...

batmobile

Mama Doe
I know this is not that interesting, but considering the horrid time I have had bunnywise recently I wanted to post this anyway.
It is jab time this week for a few of my buns. This included Violet and Ollie (my gorgeous grey rex girlie and her ickle husbun) and the visit always includes a health check. the vet actually said, and I quote as a very proud Mummy: 'Those two are amazing. Brilliant condition, gorgeous and healthy'. Now they have been wonderful rabbits since I got them 7 months ago; Ollie especially has come into his own a lot as he was very timid, but at the vet's he was impeccably behaved and did not wriggle like last time. Violet spent most of the time in the carrier munching hay and grooming Ollie. :) I love them very much and feel relieved but also very proud that the vet actually commented on them.(he's usually very matter of fact and a bit 'hard') :love::love:
Just wanted to share....

:wave:Well done on the compliments from the vet.:D

Must be like a good school report.:shock:

When the buns got home did they "break out" and misbehave?:lol:

:wave:

Fantastic to hear, really pleased.

I am so happy Ollie has come out of his shell.

How are Violets feet now?

It was only a few days ago when i was thinking about these two :love:

Do you have any recent pictures? :D

I do actually, but I always struggle to post them on a forum. Will try - otherwise will email you some. He is still the more timid of the two, but he doesn't cower when you go to pick him up and 6 months ago, the vet couldn't do his health check as he was so frightened - yesterday he stayed still and didn't even shake.
Funnily enough, when I got into the stable this morning, there was shredded paper, hay and mess EVERYWHERE but hey, after a good report, a party is ok, isn't it? :roll:
Oh and Violet's feet have been perfect. She and I spread hay all over the bottom of the stable and she a;so sits on top of her hutch in there (and anywhere else she can get to) so i think she protects them somewhat. Her fur is so beautiful. I want to take her to bed with me! :shock:

That would be fantastic, it would be lovely to see.

Ollie was very very timid when i got him, not suprising really after the way the kids treated him :cry:

So pleased to hear about Violets feet, as it was something i struggled with dispite having hay everywhere.

I know her fur is GORGEOUS :love: :love: :love:

You dont know how pleased i am to hear there both very much in love and well :love:

Jo that is wonderful to hear..Violet was a favourite of mine as you know, so lovely to be told she is happy and healthy..and yep pics would be nice:D

I don't think I know his back story - or if I want to, to be honest. He has taken a long time to come round and I think it's really down to Violet being the opposite to him. He has filled out a lot so must have been very young when he was rescued - he's all grown up and although he'll never be one for a fuss, he will at least eat out of my hand etc. How can people do this to animals?
Once Spring is sprung properly i'll try ad get some good binky pics. Must admit, Ollie is not a big binkier - though Violet likes to jump! Maybe I've just been lucky with hocks - or perhaps the fur 'hardened'? Am of course thrilled to bits but I still worry about all my furries everyday...

I don't think I know his back story - or if I want to, to be honest. He has taken a long time to come round and I think it's really down to Violet being the opposite to him. He has filled out a lot so must have been very young when he was rescued - he's all grown up and although he'll never be one for a fuss, he will at least eat out of my hand etc. How can people do this to animals?
Once Spring is sprung properly i'll try ad get some good binky pics. Must admit, Ollie is not a big binkier - though Violet likes to jump! Maybe I've just been lucky with hocks - or perhaps the fur 'hardened'? Am of course thrilled to bits but I still worry about all my furries everyday...

You dont really need to know, hes with you now and is happy so thats all that matters. He was very young when i got him, so much so we wasnt sure what he was (sex wise) :? Yes, Ollie was skinny when he came here, took him a while to eat properly :? So pleased he is happy now :)

Yes Violet loved to jump here too bless her. Violet was always very friendly and who knows eventually it may rub off on Ollie? :love:

I cant wait to see pictures :D

Back