• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how long to wait after neutering?

winnies angel

Mama Doe
Well jack has been neutered 4 weeks tues, im wondering how long I should wait ideally some say 4 weeks some say 6 weeks.
He is hopefully going with my other 2 buns winston and angel (well thats the plan) they are all going to vets wed for vacs then 2 weeks later for 2nd vacs so theyll be able to see each other again.
Then after 2nd vac that week I was going to start bonding plan was to se6t up cage at my uncles where none have been before. Whilke my oh sets that up I drive all 3 around in seperate carriers then dump winnie and angel in cage and introduce jack. Got spray on standby

When i used to go and see jack i smelled funny and my 2 would sniff me for ages now they arent bothered and vice versa.
My main worry is angel as she seems to be my little wench. Winston is preety laid back as long as his nose gets tickled.
Any advice is great. Jack still smells bit funny when he gets excited at mo like male bunny smell do you think few more weeks this will die down sorry for daft questions.

I've never experienced a male bunny smell. lol

However, I am in the process of bonding a male/female pair with a single male. It has certainly not been easy. I was going to wait 6 weeks, but ended up waiting 3 months as I was so nervous! :(

thanks I think ill def go with my plan then.
Im so scared as I dont want my 2 to ever break up but ive fell in love with my little jack and i think the others will really help him.
Hes such a nervous little guy.

Back