• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Floor covering for pen...

CrazyGal330

Warren Scout
Basically im looking into getting a house bunny and would have a pen set up rather than run of the room as there are far too many wires and i feel i could create a safer area with a pen. Anyway, we have carpet in our lounge, and it is a rented house so im trying to be extra careful, dont want to get rabbit wee, or poo in the carpet, and dont want the carpet chewed. So what should i put under the run area? i was thinking vetbed but its quite expensive for a large roll of it to cover how much space i would need for the run. Any suggestions peoples?

Could you get an offcut of cushion flooring,i got a piece that was 9ft by 6ft for £20 ,as long as the edges are on the outside of the pen they should not be able to rip it up and it will protect your carpet as well as being easy to clean :D

Could you get an offcut of cushion flooring,i got a piece that was 9ft by 6ft for £20 ,as long as the edges are on the outside of the pen they should not be able to rip it up and it will protect your carpet as well as being easy to clean :D

I use cushion floor for my indoor guineapig pen, and it works realy well. I just bought the cheapest pattern they had in the shop, and for a piece that measures 5ft by 3ft cost me 9 quid, which i thought was a bargain. :wave:

I use cushion floor for my indoor guineapig pen, and it works realy well. I just bought the cheapest pattern they had in the shop, and for a piece that measures 5ft by 3ft cost me 9 quid, which i thought was a bargain. :wave:

Where did you buy your cushion floor from? could i get it from b&q or somewhere? it sounds like a good idea, i took a quick look on ebay but postage costs knocks £10 ontop of the prices :/

Where did you buy your cushion floor from? could i get it from b&q or somewhere? it sounds like a good idea, i took a quick look on ebay but postage costs knocks £10 ontop of the prices :/

I just bought it from the carpet shop round the corner from where i live.my cage is 4ft by 2ft, so i bought a piece of cushion floor 5ft by 3ft, so that it goes up the sides to stop mess. you don`t realy need to buy an off cut you could just take your measurements in and they will cut what you need. :)

I am in EXACTLY the same position you are in. I purchased a couple of picnic blankets with water proof backings. If they make a mess, all you have to do is roll it up and shake it into a garbage bag or outside. If they pee, it is not going to go through to the carpet because of the waterproof backing. If it does get soiled, you can just chuck it into the washing machine. The one I have is pretty boring but you can get some quite funky looking ones.

Charlee is almost litter trained now, so the picnic blankets are primarily there to protect the carpet a bit and in case of accidents.

Back