• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need a hutch or a run

I make and sell hutches and runs, I ship to the uk mainland for a flat rate of £9.95.
If you can't find anything to your requirements on my website, just contact me as can make them to your own speciforcation.

Hope this helps
Dave

just had a look on your website,
your hutches and runs dont look very big?

Hutch should be, at the smallest of 6ft x 2ft x 2ft
and runs should be about 6ft too so theres plenty of run around space etc.

They look good quality though :wave:

Last edited:
Hi :wave: Just had a look at your website - ALL of your products are well below the RSPCA minimum measurements for both rabbits and guinea pigs. They look sturdy and well made, just too small.

Well I don't understand that, the hutches are the same size that you can buy in any normal pet shop, and if anything my runs are bigger.

Unfortunatly a 6' x 2' x 2' hutch couldn't be shipped ready made at a reasonable price due to the size.

All my products are very strudy!

I will look into the sizes further and design some flatpacked ones!

I value your comments

Kind Regards
Dave

Well I don't understand that, the hutches are the same size that you can buy in any normal pet shop, and if anything my runs are bigger.

Unfortunatly a 6' x 2' x 2' hutch couldn't be shipped ready made at a reasonable price due to the size.

I value your comments

Kind Regards
Dave

Most pet shop hutches are not suitable :( which makes me very angry, as they need to be comfortable.

It would be much better if you could make larger hutches and runs, you may get more customers, from here if you do :wave:

But otherwise they are too small, :(

I value your comments

Kind Regards
Dave

http://www.rehutches.com/singlehutch06.htm

http://www.rehutches.com/palace.htm

http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/details.php?product=22

All of your hutches are below RSPCA minimum guidelines. The minimum bunnies need is a 6x2x2 hutch attatched to a 6x4 run

The quiltiy looks fantastic!! but like the others have said they are a bit small. I was just wondering do you make double hutches(up and downstair).
I am sure people would be prepared to pay a bit more on shipping for the right hutch :)

Hi Dave!

Your hutches are beautiful! I'd be quite happy to have one stood in my garden :) But as everyone else has already said, a little bit smaller than what I'd be happy with.

Making them a little bigger would be great - and I'm sure making a range available that meets RSPCA and RWA guidelines would give you that unique selling point and possibly earn you more sales, and a good reputation among rabbit/guinea pig owners in the long run. :) Bunny owners that really care about their pets will not have a problem paying extra postage for the right home. :wave:

Now for my patronising bit... :oops: ... I just wanted to ask where you got the information for your "Rabbit and Guinea Pig Sizing Guide"? It's wrong :? A 1.2 metre hutch is definatey not ok for bunnies, small breeds or not. And, without meaning to sound horrible, it's a bit irresponsible to write that on your site - people will trust your advice and will think it is ok :(

I don't make double hutches at the moment, I have been thinking about making them. Having heard people comments on the sizes, I not sure about postage costs, because to have 6' x 2' high x 2 story hutch that would make the back and front panels 6' x 4' - I think the postage cost for this size would around £35.00.

I will look into all these matters and post an update within the next couple of days.

Kind Regards
Dave

I don't make double hutches at the moment, I have been thinking about making them. Having heard people comments on the sizes, I not sure about postage costs, because to have 6' x 2' high x 2 story hutch that would make the back and front panels 6' x 4' - I think the postage cost for this size would around £35.00.

I will look into all these matters and post an update within the next couple of days.

Kind Regards
Dave

People who want the best size hutch for their rabbit would pay the price for a hutch.
some spend out £100s for a shed etc to house their rabbits. :)

***Now for my patronising bit... ... I just wanted to ask where you got the information for your "Rabbit and Guinea Pig Sizing Guide"? It's wrong A 1.2 metre hutch is definatey not ok for bunnies, small breeds or not. And, without meaning to sound horrible, it's a bit irresponsible to write that on your site - people will trust your advice and will think it is ok.

I found this information in a book about 1 year ago!

I will remove it from my website - Asap. I wasn't aware the infomation was wrong!

kind Regards
dave

I don't know what you think of this idea Dave, but I reckon there is a gap in the market for an adapted shed/hutch set-up. I bought a two tier hutch from Pets at Home, but now I know more about rabbits (thanks to this forum) I really wish I had bought a shed.

If you could produce rabbit accomodation to fit inside a 6x4 shed, I am sure there would be a market for it. It wouldn't have to be as sturdy or as weather-proofed as external hutches and could probably be flat-packed. Postage may be cheaper because it would be lighter than hutches.

I reckon some of your hutches are too small, too - you should make bigger ones and make the ethical stance of meeting RSPCA guidelines part of your sales pitch. It's nice that you are interested in owners feedback. Best wishes.

2 level hutches go down nicely too!
Gives them that extra space :)
But also needs to be 6ft long :wave:

To be honest, if you made large enough hutches i'm pretty sure people would collect from you and/or would put them together theirselves. Nice, safe hutches that are rescue required sizes aren't that easy to find.

Essex is quite an accessable area:)

Back