• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

outdoor set-up needed for house rabbits...any tips?

pooks

Warren Scout
Hi,

I have two house bunnies but i want to provide somewhere for them to run around outside. I have just moved house and my garden consists of a patio area (directly behind the house) and an expanse of mud!! I have dug the garden over ready to be turfed in the spring time. I was thinking of providing them with a long, more narrow run (so they can race down the length of it!) and putting wire on the bottom and then turfing on top (prevent digging out and keep them safe from mr.fox). Only thing is, i'm not sure what to provide in terms of shelter? We have quite a number of cats around us and they hate cats, so i need someone where they can hide. Plus, they will spend considerably more time in there in the warmer sunnier months so it would be beneficial if their 'house' did not get too hot. Please bear in mind that this will not be their permanent residence so the 'house' does not need to be enormous, just somewhere to get out of the sun/away from cats. I had thought of getting a shed/wendy house but I didnt really want something quite so bulky in the garden (as we will already have a shed for garden items).
Can anyone suggest a suitable set-up? Pictures would be great if anyone has any?

Many thanks!

:wave: How about a nice dog kennel with the run already fixed on (aviary style) you can go in then, you can buy small little houses aswell for about £50-60 I have one I think its called Woodland hideaway and it is designed to be used inside a shed or outside in a run.

Have alook at this thread and do a search - use the drop down arrow and type a couple of key words like housing, runs, set-ups and it will bring up all the threads - there are loads and loads of good pics and ideas on here so I am sure you will find something suitable or something to inspire you.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=217210&highlight=kennels

Run and shelter.

Hi,
I make hutches and runs, my runs come with a top shelter, but I could add side and back cover to give more protection.
the cost would be the same as quoted on my website for any of the runs.

If your intrested just contact via my website.
Hope this helps

Back