• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet sitter who can administer medication - Pershore

helenpitt

Young Bun
I have a lovely timing issue. One of my indoor buns has E Cuniculi. As of yesterday she started falling over and wobbling. I have five rabbits in total which now need the panacur oral paste treatment for 28 days. Only I am going on holiday in two weeks time and though I'm going in the UK for the dog, I can't take five bunnies with me! I am trying to find someone who will visit the house once a day to administer the panacur for me. My neighbour is happy to do the feeding, cleaning etc but won't be able to do this for me. I live inbetween Evesham and Pershore nr Worcester. If anyone has any recommendations or can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.
thanks
Helen

I can't really help with the pet sitter but just wanted to send 'some get well soon vibes' for bunny. I have a bun with e.cuniculi too :( It's a horrible horrible illness.

Would your neighbour be able to come round a few times before you go and practice giving them Panacur?

Also, I am treating my sick bunnies husbun and I'm giving him his medicine hidden in a tasty treat (I try to squirt it inside a runner bean or a sugar snap pea but more often than not it ends up spread on a rich tea biscuit! :roll: ). Would your bunnies take their medicine in this way? It would be really easy for your neighbour to do it then.

Thank you so much I will try her.
best wishes healing vibes to your bun too. It's horrible she was happily playing in the garden until about 11, fine until about 12 when I went out, by 3 she couldn't stand or walk. Now her head is twisted to the side. I was hoping the panacur would work quickly, but it seems to have got worse rather than better as yet.
The problem with my neighbour is that last time I went away in October, I lost a bunny and she found him. My mum had been round as well and said he didn't look right, and I wish they'd whisked him off to the vets as the next day he was gone :-( So she wouldn't want to take the responsibility in case anything went wrong or happened again. Can't blame her really.

Have you tried Hoppy Boarding in Pershore? Dianne? I can recommend her without any reservations! Her web site is linked to our web site (www.windwhistlewarren.org.uk) and I have PM'd you her phone number.

Alice

I would personally reccommend Dianne very highly. I discovered Hoppy Hollidays in Pershore last year and have just booked in my boy Frodo for his third stay in April. Di is total peace of mind when you are going on holiday and am worried about leaving your loved ones behind :wave:

Thank you so much I will try her.
best wishes healing vibes to your bun too. It's horrible she was happily playing in the garden until about 11, fine until about 12 when I went out, by 3 she couldn't stand or walk. Now her head is twisted to the side. I was hoping the panacur would work quickly, but it seems to have got worse rather than better as yet.
The problem with my neighbour is that last time I went away in October, I lost a bunny and she found him. My mum had been round as well and said he didn't look right, and I wish they'd whisked him off to the vets as the next day he was gone :-( So she wouldn't want to take the responsibility in case anything went wrong or happened again. Can't blame her really.

Awwwh poor bun :( My Jess was just sat in the corner of the shed refusing veggies so I knew something was up with her. I decided to see how she was by lunch time and by then she was trembling, although still very much on her feet. I took her straight to the vets and got Panacur, she too got MUCH worse even whilst on medication. It got to the point where I couldn't pick her up because it would take her an hour to figure out where her feet were again once I'd put her back down :(

I thought I was going to loose her. I started questioning if I was doing the right thing or not and thought about having her PTS :shock: but I just couldn't. Thankfully, after three and a half weeks, she's now starting to improve. :)

It's a horrible thing to deal with and very frustrating so if you feel you need to chat, you're welcome to PM me :wave:

Hope you find a good place for them to stay in time for your trip away. :)

Back