• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fibre content in rabbit food

holidayhutch

Warren Veteran
Can anyone tell me if this sounds good nutririonally for a rabbit food?

Analysis
Raw protein 13.5 % • Raw fat 2.5 % • Raw fibre 21.0 % • Raw ash 7.0 % • Calcium 0.8 % • Phosphorus 0.4 %, Vitamin A 10000 IU • Vitamin D3 1200 IU • Alpha tocopherol acetate (Vit. E) 40 mg • Copper-(II)-sulphate, Pentahydrate 7.5 mg (vitamins per kg

21% sounds fine. Not sure what they mean by 'raw fibre' it's usually listed as crude.. same thing maybe? What's the main ingredient, anything that's grass based is usually good.

Ingredients are:-

oat husk bran, wheat bran, carrot pomace, fruit pomace, sunflower meal extract, growth of Allgäu permanent grassland*, flax meal, sodium chloride.

*Allgäu permanent grassland consists of species-rich grasses, herbs and clovers, in detail:

Timothy grass, meadow fescue, foxtail, ryegrass, red fescue, Kentucky blue grass, redtop grass, oat grass, yellow oat grass, Dutch clover, red clover, butterjags, dandelion, goose grass, chickweed, yarrow, ribwort, dock

Sounds pretty good. Bran is the outside but of grain so high in fibre not the actual grain itself.

Is that the Bunny Nature pelllets?

Sounds like it.....and I would recommend them if it is. I can't afford to feed them to my 22 but I buy it as a treat (it's about £6 per medium sized bag on the Hay Experts). It is brilliant as each pellet takes quite a lot of chewing because it's a pressed pellet rather than extruded and also because of the trefoil shape. I use the basic and the herb. My buns absolutely go mental for it and it tastes good too (I know, I have tried them).

Helen

p.s. I feed the piggie one to my GP's too and they also love it.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a new bunny food, I shall keep an eye out for this possibility.

I'm wanting to move them off Excel but don't want to go to Science Selective as the calcium is too high for Artie. They are the only two pellets I can get easily locally, so I'd need to get really organised and buy off the net.

I've looked at some of the others in the past and though they were really expensive but I suppose for the amount you get through with only 4 bunsters it isn't a huge expense.

Thanks - we are going to be stocking the Bunny Nature range on our website, but after seeing it at the Small Animal Show yesterday I was thinking of swapping our 3 buns and pigs onto it, but wasn't about the fibre content element of it. The buns have SS at the moment and are fine on it, but the Bunny Nature ones seem to look a lot better for their teeth.

I might give them a few as a treat and see what their reaction to it is before deciding to definitely change.

Back