• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby Saint & Helen back in April when they were rescued.

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
This is Baby Saint back in April 2009 after Mike had been out to collect them off a young girl who was out jogging with her friend when they had come across Baby Saint with her Mother dumped at the side of a busy road in St Helens, Merseyside. Baby Saint had a badly deformed back right leg and a dislocated back left leg, a very dirty bottom covered in urine, puss oozing from both eyes and she was very dehydrated.
31-3-09.jpg

31-3-093-1.jpg

31-3-094-2.jpg

31-3-095.jpg

31-3-096.jpg

31-3-097.jpg

1-4-092.jpg

Helen Baby Sain't Mother had severe case of mites on her back, her nails were overgrown, she also had a dirty bottom and she was slightly twisted with splayed back legs, she was also very fat and we thought she could be pregnant but this turned out to be fluid which was removed when she was spayed by the vet.
31-3-094-3.jpg

Nails on her back foot.
31-3-093-2.jpg

Helen's back covered in Mites.
31-3-09-1.jpg

31-3-095-1.jpg

15-4-09.jpg

I always well up when I read about these two. Well done to you for helping these little darlings (hugs) xxx

Me too :cry::cry::cry:

I am so pleased they found their way into your's & Mike's care Maisie - I cannot imagine the horrific things the poor little loves were subjected too, before you took them in :cry:

Well done to you both - they are credit to the love, care & devotion you give all your babies xxx :love:

I hadn't realized they arrived with you in this state. Such gorgeous little bunnies and thankfully they have survived and are happy. Well donex

I wish I hadn't looked. Jesus. How could people do that to another living thing?! I wouldn't even treat a plant like that! Poor little mites. Fair enough if you don't know how to cope with it, if you're new to rabbits...you'd take them to a vet...not only did these people not do that, they dumped them?! Makes you lose faith in humanity

one of the first threads i saw on ru. it had me in tears then - and it still does now:( must check out the newest pics to put a smile back on my face.
you have done an amazing job with them xxx

They have come a very long way in your care, they are wonderful! how are Baby Saints eyes now?

Thank you everyone for your kind words but if it wasn't for Gwen from Bunny Burrows rabbit rescue in North Yorkshire ringing us that night after receiving a phone call from the distraught girl that had found them both at the roadside it may have all turned out so different. Mike is originally from St Helens and so he knew where to go and so he set off late that night and collected Helen and Baby Saint from the girl.
I had taken everything out of our bathroom and placed a board over the bath and put an indoor cage on it as I hadn't ruled out that both bunnies could have had myxi, the bathroom being tiled seemed the most sterile of places, and I had to think of the other buns in the house. Mike came straight home and straight into the bathroom where we put Mum into the indoor cage while Mike checked Baby Saint and cleaned her up and syringe fed her water and hand fed her some herbs. Then it was Helens turn.
We took them up to Bunny Burrows a couple of days later as we were worried about Baby Saint's eyes and Gwen said she would take them both to her vets and get them both checked out and Bunny Burrows paid for all their treatment and they looked so much better after.
We knew that with their disabilities that Helen and Baby Saint would not get rehomed, we knew that we could give them a good safe home and we missed them both so much, and so they came to live with us. :)

They have come a very long way in your care, they are wonderful! how are Baby Saints eyes now?

Baby Saint's eyes are 100% better than they were when she was found, but the vet thinks someone had poked them out with a stick or something like that and so she is totally blind but she is such a happy little girl.

'Thank You for asking' :)

Baby Saint's eyes are 100% better than they were when she was found, but the vet thinks someone had poked them out with a stick or something like that and so she is totally blind but she is such a happy little girl.

'Thank You for asking' :)

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I saw the first thread when they were found (before I was a member, I think) and I was so shocked. It's so easy to see them now and forget what they've been through. You are amazing people, and they are wonderful buns! :love::love:

I saw the first thread when they were found (before I was a member, I think) and I was so shocked. It's so easy to see them now and forget what they've been through. You are amazing people, and they are wonderful buns! :love::love:

Oh Thank You so much for that. We are in the process at the moment of moving house to Richmond to be closer to our friends at Bunny Burrows and we will have more space for more bunnies, we have got an older bonded pair which we took up to BB in September last year off a young girl who was allergic to them and they still haven't found homes so they will be coming to live with us when we have moved there. I must post some pictures of them .:)

Back