• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not drinking water.

Hi there,
I'm very new to this and am worried that my rabbit Obe is not drinking his water. In every other way he is perfectly fine, he's eating his veg and plenty of hay but his water seems to have hardly gone down over the past two days. I give him fresh everyday and have looked where it's filled to and it hardly seems to have gone down if at all. Advice greatly appreciated

Helen x

He's probably getting enough water from his veg. Daisy-Boo and Pippin don't seem to drink a lot either, particularly at the moment as it's colder.
Does his wee seem concentrated at all, or a funny colour?!
You could try putting a spot of apple juice in the water if you're really worried, or pop along to the vet to give him a once over.

Try providing a little water in a bowl, and see if he drinks that. He's intelligent enough to know when he needs to drink though, so if he's well in himself I should imagine he's getting enough from his veggies. Does he eat pellets? Ginger + Pickles don't eat any, so they have no need to drink water either.

Back