• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny may be expecting, advice please

cooldarls

Alpha Buck
Hoping someone can help me, my friends has just took two bunnies in after a neighbour not wanting them any more because they are too much hassle and daughter lost interest.
We checked the bunnies last night and we have a boy and a girl. They are not neutured and when we were picking them up the lady said they had been jiggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long is a rabbit expecting for and what are the first signs of her expecting. We have never been in this position as all ours have always been neutured. I have had bunnies since i was 5 so ermmmmmmmm 23 years of having bunnies and my friend has looked after bunnies for about 15 years but never had babies.

Any advice would be helpful. My friend has made an appointment at the vets for tomorrow morning, so hopefully find stuff out tomorrow.

The bunnies look in good health but alittle shy due to not being handled enough. Will get photos on here asap

Thankyou everyone in advance xxxxx

Arabbit is normally pregnant for 32 days. You could always book her in for an emergency spay , you could always get the male done too and then they can go back together more or less straight away.
Hope all goes well at the vets tomorrow:D

Hey Peeps, thanks for your advice, My friend took the two bunnies to the vets today but I havent heard how she got on. I will let you know as soon as I find out.

Thankyou for your advice.
xxx

Have spoken to my friend on the phone today and she said that the vet doesnt think mrs bun is pregnant which is good and mr bun is going in tomorrow to be neutured but not sure when mrs bun is getting done. Vet said they are in good shape except alittle shy. Friend said she put them out inthe runs yesterday and they were not sure what to do on the grass but figured it out pretty quick.
thanks for all the advice and i shall try and get photos of them soon.
xxx

Great news that it doesn't look like she is pregnant but remember if they have only just been separated (you have separated them right?) then she could be very early days - note the date they were separated on your calendar and keep careful watch for 32 days or a little more to be on the safe side. You will be unlikely to see any noticable signs bar a bit of nest making in the last days (although this can happen through false pregnancy too). If they are not separated babies will arrive and worse still a second litter will arrive 31 days later as she will almost certainly get pregnant again within 24 hours of giving birth.

Great that he is booked for his neuter - remember also that he can still be furtile for around 6 weeks after - yes they are baby making machines - so don't try to reunite them too soon.

they are seperated and their hutches and runs are next to each other so they can see each other. i told my friend that it could still happen so keep an eye on them.

thanks
xxxx

Back