• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet My New Girl

Starlight

Warren Veteran
I mentioned her briefly in Echo's Rainbow Bridge thread, but thought I may as well give her her own welcome thread.

I wasn't going to introduce her properly until after bonding, incase it jinxed things, but I had to share this beautiful picture of her.

Here is Eclipse. :love:

snowbunnies022.jpg

She is a Rex x Belgian Hare.

A woman in hertfordshire was giving her away free to good home after deciding she did not want to breed from her anymore. I think the woman I got her from was her 3rd breeding home :(

When I enquired, after wanting to bring more balance to my group (after Autumn passed away, Twi started getting picked on a little) but not wanting another full hare as it was just too painful after Auts, we agreed to meet. A couple of emails down the line, mention of her last daughter came up, and she said I could have her as well, which is how I ended up with Echo.

She has the very fiesty attitude Autumn first had, and because of the Rex in her, is a lot more plumper than a standard hare :love: She is my little fatty! And feels so heavy to hold!

Last edited:
I thought Belgian hares were rabbits, just called hares because of their hare like appearance. Also I read that hares cannot contract myxomatosis, but Belgian hares can.. If that's correct then they must be rabbits.

Sorry for bringing this up on your thread Kris. She is absolutely beautiful :love:

I thought Belgian hares were rabbits, just called hares because of their hare like appearance. Also I read that hares cannot contract myxomatosis, but Belgian hares can.. If that's correct then they must be rabbits.

Sorry for bringing this up on your thread Kris. She is absolutely beautiful :love:

That is all true.
Autumn was a Belgian Hare, but it didn't help her when she caught mxyi :cry:

Back