• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed for rabbits and guinea-pigs

Furries

Warren Scout
We currently have a 10'x6' shed full of 'stuff' and the rabbits' 6'x4' shed.

We were thinking of taking everything out of the big shed and putting it into the rabbits' shed and moving the rabbits and the guinea-pigs into the big shed. They would be separate (so no worries about the rabbits kicking the guinea-pigs or the guinea-pigs biting the rabbits), but in the same shed. Could being in the same vicinity though, pose any health problems either for the guinea-pigs or the rabbits?

I think I heard that rabbits can be carriers for respiratory problems in guinea-pigs and guinea-pigs can be carriers for Pasteurella in rabbits, so would keeping them in the same shed be too close for hygiene reasons?

The reason why I want to move them both into the same shed, is that the rabbit shed leaks if the tarpaulin blows off and we want to move the guinea-pigs' hutch into the shed anyway. We've not had any luck with getting another shed that won't break the bank.

Last edited:
I think that its a great idea, have a look at what we did (under thread yay, the bungle palace is finished), we built 2 tiers so the big buns have the full 8 x 10 downstairs + the 8 x 10 run, the babies have upstairs and have an L shaped home with the full 10 x 4 down one side and then all across the back which is also 4ft, this leaves us lots of room to go in there and spend time with them. We are also going to build a second tier run outside in the spring for the babes. Hope you like it, let me know what you think.

I think that its a great idea, have a look at what we did (under thread yay, the bungle palace is finished), we built 2 tiers so the big buns have the full 8 x 10 downstairs + the 8 x 10 run, the babies have upstairs and have an L shaped home with the full 10 x 4 down one side and then all across the back which is also 4ft, this leaves us lots of room to go in there and spend time with them. We are also going to build a second tier run outside in the spring for the babes. Hope you like it, let me know what you think.

Do you have any larger pics, as the ones on the thread were a little small.

23112009685.jpg

23112009703.jpg

And upstairs

23112009686.jpg
[/IMG]

These pics are a few weeks old now, we have made some improvement to the top tier now but this will give you a good idea

It wasnt too expensive to do and it really makes the most of the space, it was the difference between being able to take in more buns or not

Thanks. I've put them both in the same big shed. The bunnies currently have most of the floor space and the guinea-pigs are in their hutches until I can put them on stilts, so they can the floor space underneath them too.

The bunnies love having even more space!

Back