• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this run big enough?? UD: Post 25 (old thread bump!)

Should i buy this run?

• YES

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • NO

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters
Hi everyone, at the moment i have a 4 x 3ft run for my two medium sized bunnies. Here's a pic of them.

6520_1217408958305_1321308757_60-1.jpg

and... their run...

P1010002.jpg
(neighbour's cat on top!! :lol: )

Well, i think it's too small now as do lots of other people on another forum. :lol: So i was thinking of buying a 7x5x2ft run!! This is it!

005_RUN_WITH_SHELTER_510.jpg

wendys_run__005_c_jpeg.jpg

wendys_run__005_B_jpeg.jpg

wendys_run__005_jpeg.jpg

It comes with a free shelter (slightly different to the one on one of the pics) and is off ebay. So... do you think i should buy it? Thanks, Charlotte :)

Last edited:
Our minimum size run is 6' x6'-I always say get the biggest you can- space and exercise are two of the most important factors for your rabbits well-being.

Nice to see you over here and I'm glad that you've seen that they need a bigger exercise space :)
Have you got a link to it?
:wave:

Sorry, I mis read the question (alcohol, late in the night and dyslexia don't work well together)

:D You know How I feel about this run from the other Forum :D Charlotte and I have been bidding against eachother on the same run for the pas couple of days :(

In my eyes a "run" is only worthwhile if bunnies can do just that in it! There is no way any of them can sprint anywhere in the one you currently have.

I made my own 4ft by 10ft run and I am terrible at DIY so it can be done quite easily. Cost me about £45 in the end for the materials and did it all in a weekend.

ETA here are some piccies of it

This is the frame without the mesh on.
IMG00072-20090815-1512-1.jpg

Just to add they dont live in it, its just a run for the summer to use on the grass. I wouldnt be happy with them living in it due to the size of the hutch. My Grandad brought the hutch/run combo for me despite me telling him I didnt want one. It is only 4ft by 2ft and the run is 4ft by 4ft. I didnt want to waste it so built an 8ft extension on the front of it so they can use it as a run! lol

Last edited:
I have two 6*4 versions of that exact run (took the mesh off the ends and joined them together to make a 12*4 run). It fell apart really quickly - I would only recommend that one if you aren't intending to move it around much, as the fact that it's flatpack means that all the joints are weak and easy to break as it's hard to carry evenly so there is a lot of pressure on the joins.

Having said that, your current run is definitely too small, definitely not enough room for buns to 'run', so I would strongly recommend a new run of some description for them :)

I had 3 7x5x2 runs made by Run Rabbit Runs and they are brill. The wood is alot better quality than most bought runs.

Thanks for that information! Am currently looking into runs for my piggies' in the spring and had been looking at their website as they aren't far away from us.

I have that run in the top picture. I just did the Buy It Now on ebay, as the bidding was taking too long :roll:.

It has come and it is pretty good, the little house is very cute too :)

It is probably not enough shelter for the buns though, so you may need to offer a bit more protection if you leave them out in it.

Hi, i have that run. the shelter is poorly made and falls apart. The wood is soft and will rot quickly. as said before, the hinges arent very solid, even if you dont move it around very often.

Both myself and KarenM (i think...) have had panels of mesh cave in, probably from a cat or something similar landing on them

So no, i wouldnt buy it! Chose another company or better yet, make one as Snowberry did!

in my opinion, the bigger the better. Buy the biggest run that you can viably afford and fit into your garden!

Hi, i have that run. the shelter is poorly made and falls apart. The wood is soft and will rot quickly. as said before, the hinges arent very solid, even if you dont move it around very often.

Both myself and KarenM (i think...) have had panels of mesh cave in, probably from a cat or something similar landing on them

So no, i wouldnt buy it! Chose another company or better yet, make one as Snowberry did!

Yes it was me. :evil: Luckily enough, it happened overnight and not while the buns were in it - the run was beside the fence so a fox or cat must have jumped over the fence and happened to land on the roof of the run.

It's hard to tell if the one in the photo is made the same way, but the mesh isn't actually nailed to the frame; it's just held in place with a thin bead of wood from behind and so it can't take any weight or force at all. :( I had to re-mesh the thing. :roll:

Apart from that, the run itself is still in good condition but I always fold it up before moving (or get dh to help me rather than drag it across the lawn). The shelter was absolute pants though and fell apart within a couple of weeks.

I think the buns definitely need a bigger run and 7x5 is a nice size but I wouldn't recommend that actual run. ;)

I was going to recommend the seller I bought mine off on eBay, but he's no longer a registered seller. :(

Runs are easy to make. Buy the wood and welded mesh from your local timber yard as it's so much cheaper; they will probably even deliver (mine provide free delivery for orders over 50 pounds).

I made mine by building lots of shorter frames and then screwing them together to make one big run. Divide the run you want to build into shorter sections, and then make each section as a separate frame to give your run strength (e.g. a 240cm (approx 8ft) by 120cm (4ft) run can be divided up into 12x60cm sections - 8 for for both long sides and 4 for each short side. Plus extra frames for the lid; which will be 6 frames each 120cm x 60cm. Two of which will need to open with hinges). We bought a staple gun to staple the mesh to the wood (U-shaped hooks split the wood).

Well.... i bought it!! :D It's brilliant i don't know what all the badly designed fuss is about! It's apsolutley brill, i am going to attach wood onto the top to make an attached shelter though. :) The buns love it! Won't stop binkying and they can definatley run in it!! That's for sure! Oh and it's from comfy pets :) Their price is £99.99 but i got it by bidding for only £59! :lol:

Back