• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two Older Gents

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
This is Rod and Stewart!:D (Stewart is the dark sable)

rodstewart.jpg

they have come in as their owner is no longer able to care for them
They are about 5 1/2 years old and have always been together..very attractive bunnies who would love a retirement home
They are already neutered so need their vacs...and their mites clearing
rodm.jpg

Anyone willing to take on a gorgeous pair of older lads?

I was waiting for these piccys, they are gorgeous :love::love: Such a shame they are male, we have even had to start a waiting list for male bunnies to come in:(

We hadn't thought of taking on two...

... but I've heard that three-way bonding can work. Does it?

We have just lost our beloved Bunster (rescued male, aged 9), leaving Buffy (female nearly 5) alone and sad. She has lived with Bunster since her babyhood, so we feel sure she needs new male companionship. Would she accept 2 males? Would they see her as an intrusion in their already-bondedness?

We have a large two-tier hutch. On days when someone is at home (usually 4 days a week) the rabbits have free run of our sheltered walled side-garden. If no-one is at home we have a summer covered lawn run. We can, within reason, cope with 'tricky' rabbit personalities - Buffy's predecessor, Marble, was quite a character.

What is known about these two? Are they by nature happy rabbits, or traumatised? How big are they? Buffy was sold as 'dwarf lop', but I never met such a huge dwarf! Would they cope with her? (She is clearly not a 'proper' lop - her head-shape is wrong - rather roman-nosed, and a bit narrower across the brow, if that matters to anyone). She is kindly and sociable - she and Bunster washed each other, tucked heads under each other's for comfort, and looked out for each other in the garden. Both were mischievous, and loved to outwit us and get into the garage from the garden if they possibly could.

What do people think? Do 3-way bondings happen late in life? Even if 2-way bonding already exists? Our set-up makes for a blissful retirement, but only if all buns are happy together. Advice please?!

... but I've heard that three-way bonding can work. Does it?

We have just lost our beloved Bunster (rescued male, aged 9), leaving Buffy (female nearly 5) alone and sad. She has lived with Bunster since her babyhood, so we feel sure she needs new male companionship. Would she accept 2 males? Would they see her as an intrusion in their already-bondedness?

We have a large two-tier hutch. On days when someone is at home (usually 4 days a week) the rabbits have free run of our sheltered walled side-garden. If no-one is at home we have a summer covered lawn run. We can, within reason, cope with 'tricky' rabbit personalities - Buffy's predecessor, Marble, was quite a character.

What is known about these two? Are they by nature happy rabbits, or traumatised? How big are they? Buffy was sold as 'dwarf lop', but I never met such a huge dwarf! Would they cope with her? (She is clearly not a 'proper' lop - her head-shape is wrong - rather roman-nosed, and a bit narrower across the brow, if that matters to anyone). She is kindly and sociable - she and Bunster washed each other, tucked heads under each other's for comfort, and looked out for each other in the garden. Both were mischievous, and loved to outwit us and get into the garage from the garden if they possibly could.

What do people think? Do 3-way bondings happen late in life? Even if 2-way bonding already exists? Our set-up makes for a blissful retirement, but only if all buns are happy together. Advice please?!

Depends on individual buns personalities, but some work just fine, & others - one ends up getting left out or oringal two bond breaks down. I'm hoping not, cos I will be trying a three shortly.:lol: I've done it successfully before, but then kept going til I got a big group:D

Hi Jill

Hope Rod and Stewart are settling in well with you Jill :wave:

They are so gorgeous and lovely. Hope you can get Rod's mites sorted and then can find him a happy loving forever home.

(I was quite tempted to bunnynap them but Colin reminded me we cant!!! :lol:)

I am sure someone will make them very happy and vice versa :love::love:

Helen

I was waiting for these piccys, they are gorgeous :love::love: Such a shame they are male, we have even had to start a waiting list for male bunnies to come in:(

why is there a waiting list for males :?: :(
i find males are more placid than females, alot of the time

why is there a waiting list for males :?: :(
i find males are more placid than females, alot of the time

Because we already have our spaces full with single males, they are all looking for females for company :love:

We don't choose who comes to our sanctuary it is just the way it works out :)

We have been approached in the last week about us taking in a few male bunnies and we just don't have the space at the moment. If they were female we could have taken them straight away :(

Because we already have our spaces full with single males, they are all looking for females for company :love:

We don't choose who comes to our sanctuary it is just the way it works out :)

We have been approached in the last week about us taking in a few male bunnies and we just don't have the space at the moment. If they were female we could have taken them straight away :(
Will none of your males bond with Dinky?

or with each other?

Will none of your males bond with Dinky?

or with each other?

Dinky is just as fiesty as ever, she does not tolerate other buns at all :lol:

The males are of very different ages so we were hoping to match them up to females of similar ages, we have a few girls arriving over the next few weeks so hopefully a few of them will be cuddled up to their new wives for Christmas :love:

Back