• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outhouse play

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Would Cherry be able to go in the outhouse during the day?

I feel really bad that she is confined to her cage during the day while I am at work, and wondered if she could go in the out house during the day. It is cooler than the house, so I worry about the temp difference, but I also worry about the lack of excercise she is getting. I expect the bedroom gets as cool at night as the out is during the day.

Normally I would put indoor bunnies in the passage for a run about, but with the cats being there I can't even do that. She is going in the bathroom, but just sits there until I put her back in the cage.

Anyy suggestions?

I would build it up slowly, so maybe just a couple of hours at weekends to start with.

My indoor buns go out in garden about 8 hours a week in winter (more in summer). The windows in the bun rooms are open all the time though (except when freeezing or below) so they all have thick coats except Joey:roll:

Supply a couple of boxes/a hutch stuffed with hay too, so bun can keep warm:D You can always whack a heat pad in there too

I think you need to measure the temperature, they can be surprising. Can't you set asside an area for her in any of the rooms indoors?

With the cats, no where is 100% safe during the day, hence she is in the cage.

other alternative is putting the cats outside, but I wouldn't be happy with that either.

How hot's your house and cold your outhouse? An outdoor rabbit in winter is going to deal with temperatures about -2 to +15 (in my area anyway).

You could put a snugglesafe in the outhouse so there was a warm area to sit if she wanted.

Back