• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pulling up floor!!

Bellikinz

Warren Scout
My girl Morgan had pulled up a bit of the flooring in her outdoor hutch a while back but it didn't get to the wood. She has lino. that has been attempted to have been sealed at the seems, but the sealing has started to come off. Now she's bitten a small hole through the lino. all the way to the wood. Is there a solution to this? We have this bitter spray that I believe is all natural and made for teething puppies and cats. My mum suggested I use this as we used a little bit on our dog as a puppy and he never chewed our stuff again. Do you think this would be harmful to spray a little bit on the spot she has chewed? Or would it be best to give her more toys? Do you think she is bored, perhaps?
Thanks,
Anna:wave:

Jimby is also quite destructive :shock: He has chewed the walls, the carpet, the doors... the list is endless, though he does normally do it for attention.
We have this stuff called 'Chew stoppa' from Pets at home which is designed for small animals and is safe if ingested. Not sure about the puppy one though.It does tend to work short term but does need re applying VERY frequently.
It would not hurt to give her more toys to stimulate her, or maybe a gnawing block so she has something to focus on rather than desmantling her cage?
This is a good one, Jims can devower one in about 2 days though so can get quite expensive.

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/naturals-gnaw-stone-stack-by-boredom-breaker-15904

Is it the edge or the middle? If its the edge you can put wooden batons around to protect it. In the middle I'd put a tray/box there with something more appropriate for digging in :) If you give her something more fun to do that should help.

Back