• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

steve's a bad bunny!

hannah C

Alpha Buck
i am going nuts......
steve chewed through the only bit of accesable wood in his run today covered with chicken wire too may i add! and escaped! lucky for me the escape route was blocked off by a brick wall. and next doors garage. still a fright when i realised he wasnt there! i had to squeeze down the gap half metre wide between our fence and their garage to get him....which of course is over grown with bramble! next door found it a giggle though. 'old man next door kept hold of him so i could climb back out of the gap!

i just dont know what to do......how do you stop a rabbit chewing.

steve is now going to have to stay in his hutch untill i can fix what he chewed which isnt fair on him but theres nothing elso i can do.my OH is alergic so he cant go in the house.

and now he deffo wont be allowed backin the shed!

so i guess my question is does anybody have any good rabbit proofing tips! i though i had done everything.

cheers for reading

We had the same problem with Ruby, we bought a spray from pets at home which you basically spray everywhere you dont want your bun to chew and it tastes so disgusting I can guarantee it will stop them it did with Ruby anyway. Also, make sure your bun has got lots and lots of wooden toys to chew on as sometimes when they become destructive it can be because they are bored.

Hope this helps,

Vickyx

thanks for replying!

he has lots of wooden toys, willow baskets, boxes. he is spoilt for choice.
will have a look for that spray next time im in town, has got to be worth a try.

he's on his own and i do think that he needs rabbit company. im looking into this at the mo, but wont act on it till spring(ish)

he just likes to chew!:?

Back