• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trying to bond again! U/D and quick Q P5

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
Ok, I dont want to jinx it, but we are trying to bond Starbuck and Fay again and its actually going quite well!! Quick, touch wood, touch wood!

Fingers crossed it stays this way.

Starbuck is still chasing and humping Fay, she just lets him get on with it. Then he puts his head down for grooming and she is doing it!! Even helping to lick his eye clean!! Yay!!

There is still the odd nip and fur pulling when he humps her head for the umpteenth time, but he gets the idea and backs off!!

Please please let it stay this way!!!

Last edited:
Well, 8 hours later and all still seems to be going well.

There has been grooming and they have shared a plate of veggies. :D
There has still been chasing and humping and the odd scuffle but no major fall-outs unlike last time!!

I am sooo hoping that this is it now, and things will stay good.

Quick question:

tonight, should we leave them in the kitchen but bring their cage down to rest in, or do we bring them up to their bedroom where the cage is and where we will want them to stay permanently? That way we can also hopefully hear any scraps in the night....?

Do they need to have their cage could they not just have towels or litter trays to sit in.

Have the cages been bleached out? and left to rest alday? also which cage where you going to use Starbucks or Fay's?

I'm don't think I'd move them yet, just in case. :)

Hi again Tracy :wave:

They have one of those plush bed things, a litter tray, a towel and a wicker bed/hay basket, so they have enough to keep them comfy overnight.

They do not need the cage necessarily, actually, because they are in a pen and this means that we tend to hear if they are fighting as it rattles quite loudly. We will leave them be tonight then.

We have swapped them over in to each other's cages anyway, but Fay was the last one to have the one we want to use. It has been thoroughly cleaned with white vinegar to neutralise smells.

If things continue as they are, do you think they will be ok to be left tomorrow afternoon? I have an important meeting with HR :(

Thanks
Helen

Back