• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ryedale Hutches

Ceretrea

Warren Scout
I love this hutches and to be honest I have been swinging back and forth between hutch vs shed for a while. Having been to see someone from here today with Dwarf Lops I have come to realise that Giant Rabbits are not feasible as there is no way I would be able to carry one in a pet carrier to the vet with my back. :( And this is one reason why we aren't ready for bunnies yet, as I really need to be very very certain what we can accomodate.

So we are back to the hutch idea, and I love the Ryedale hutches. Especially the 6ft double extra large in log lap :love:

This hutch would fit nicely onto our patio. But I wondered if any members on here had a Ryedale hutch and would mind posting a picture of it. Its all very well seeing a spanky new one but I would like to see a 'used' one and how well its held up to time and use and norty bunnies.

heres mine with an aviary attached
2009_0121pets030002.jpg

they can make you any size you require too:)

thank you again!:lol: just keep your eyes open, i drive for a living so im always on the lookout for stuff!

Here is Puddle and Elliot's Rydale hutch. It is a double 6 x 2 with run attached. Sorry about the fuzzy pic. They made it with a detachable roof so we could get it through the gate. We have had it over a year and it is like new in every respect. The ebay man made a cover for it.

Something has made an attempt to get in the run but made little impression on it, just scratches. We were glad we had gone for a quality hutch. I would recommend them.

2008_1008photos0008-1.jpg

:D

Here's ours, currently not in use as our two are indoors. Will be looking at using it as a temp foster care home.

Hutch1.jpg

Hutch2.jpg

Hutch3.jpg

This is the 5ft x 3ft version double storey with 9ft x 5ft run. Yes it pretty much takes up the whole garden lol.

Last edited:
Aye,now its gonna be small bunnies we think a nice massive hutch would fit nicer on our patio. Bunnies would still free range in the garden so still have plenty of space.

I do like the run although a hutch over run setup would just murder my back. A separate run, which I take it they make aswell would be ideal for the days when I have to go out.

Ryedale will do anything you want them to. 5ft x 3ft dbl storey aren't part of their standard web offerings but if you speak to them they will do something customised to your exact specs. The above spec was totally custom including the door opening on the pen to facilate easy access to a large pen.
They're not cheap but the quality is excellent.

Just a warning...

I have a Ryedale hutch that I ordered 18 months ago, I have been really pleased with it - it came really quickly and was built to order (5 x 3 double hutch with under run - each level 2 foot high)

However - I ordered a second hutch 5 weeks ago today over the phone and I was told that it would be here within 3 weeks - I am still waiting. I called Rob last week to chase it and he was very rude and aggressive and said that it should be here on November the 1st, that will be almost 6 weeks from ordering having been promised 3. :evil:

I would not recommend them based on this order - if I was you I would go for the shed option - we bought a great 6 x 4 pent shed from Tiger Sheds I would thoroughly recommend them, if we had the space to fit another and attach a run, I would have bought one of them instead.

I have looked extensively into the shed thing, but something is niggling me about it still. Nearer the time I will be more certain, but the Ryedale hutches feel more...right for me at the moment. Maybe he was having a bad day? Perhaps they have been let down by someone else in the business which is making them late? Not saying its okay to talk to customers that way tho, he should have apologised about the lateness not taken it out on you.

I ordered the hutch on the Monday, the money was taken from my card on the Wednesday, and it was built by the Friday because when I called to see if I could change something he said that it was build and I was too late. That is what is so frustrating - knowing that it is just sat there. :roll:

He seems to do the deliveries himself on a Sunday when he has enough to deliver, but didn't give any indication that it could be longer than 3 weeks.

I don't think that there is ever an excuse to be rude to customers, we run our own business so we are used to customer interaction!

Anyway, it is up to you - just wanted to warn you as if I had know I would have ordered elsewhere.

I have a french lop in a shed with attached run and I also have smaller buns in a shed with a run, I would thoroughly recommend it - great for cleaning them out and sitting with them and they all love it. The 6 x 4 pent shed is only £215 delivered whereas my hutch is costing £250.

Last edited:
i dealt with a lady when i got both my hutches and she couldnt be more helpful especially as i needed one off spec, we organised a time and day to suit me too. they are really strong and well made can get shutters for them but i havent bothered they do runs too.:)

Back