• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG Honey had a baby!!!!! eyes open - how old????

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
Look what I found in the hutch this morning, it's eyes are open so how old would it be? I can't tell if it's a boy or girl, Honey left it in the hutch while she got out today.
P1060924.jpg

She didn't deny the fact it was hers
P1060926.jpg

P1060931.jpg

Looks like Roly has tried to adopt it as his own but surely he can't be the dad?
P1060937.jpg

After a few seconds he left the poor wee mite for dead
P1060939.jpg

So can someone explain how this wee one was born given Honey is spayed and Roly is neutered?

I'm not too good at breeds, but reckon it's a very little known breed - a dwarf Nethie!
Don't tell us that the vet got it wrong again & Honey didn't have bloat but was in labour!!

Those pictures are so touching, & very funny. :lol::lol::)

So can someone explain how this wee one was born given Honey is spayed and Roly is neutered?

I believe it is widely accepted by old wives everywhere that spaying and neutering is irrelevant. It is the status of the light in the bedroom that is important. Have you left the light off by some chance? :lol:

The baby is a chip off the old block though. She really can't deny it is hers :D

I believe it is widely accepted by old wives everywhere that spaying and neutering is irrelevant. It is the status of the light in the bedroom that is important. Have you left the light off by some chance? :lol:

The baby is a chip off the old block though. She really can't deny it is hers :D

Ah yes I'd forgotten about all that, I put the light off an hour early a while ago and the lighting levels must have just been enough to get her pregnant. Maybe our wee baby bun is a virgin birth?:shock:

Don't tell us that the vet got it wrong again & Honey didn't have bloat but was in labour!!

OMG how embarassing!!! That is what I thought when I saw the title! :oops:

:lol::lol:
Lovely pics!

p.s. I have the dutch version of that little toy and amuse myself for hours sitting it beside Nino! :roll: I should get out more!:lol:

Whats this about the light on?

It's one of the reasons for an unspayed doe suddenly becoming pregnant. The owner will tell the rescue that they were in no way careless because although they did put an un-neutered buck in with an un-speyed doe they left the light on in the hutch. And of course this would have prevented the bunnies having, err, a relationship, because the bunnies would be too embarrassed to do it in the light. Hence, the owner is in no way at fault for this unplanned pregnancy. :roll:

It's one of the reasons for an unspayed doe suddenly becoming pregnant. The owner will tell the rescue that they were in no way careless because although they did put an un-neutered buck in with an un-speyed doe they left the light on in the hutch. And of course this would have prevented the bunnies having, err, a relationship, because the bunnies would be too embarrassed to do it in the light. Hence, the owner is in no way at fault for this unplanned pregnancy. :roll:

Sorry is this just a joke on here that I have missed :lol: or has someone seriously given this reason to a rescue :shock:

Sorry is this just a joke on here that I have missed :lol: or has someone seriously given this reason to a rescue :shock:

I think the excuse given to rescue(s!!) is that the un-neutered, opposite sexed buns "only play together during the day, they don't live together". From that we decided people must think that buns only mate at night - the light idea was us just trying new forms of contraception:shock::lol:

Here's the original thread:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=149253&highlight=light

:D

Last edited:
I think the excuse given to rescue(s!!) is that the un-neutered, opposite sexed buns "only play together during the day, they don't live together". From that we decided people must think that buns only mate at night - the light idea was us just trying new forms of contraception:shock::lol:

:lol: Ok, I was thinking someone seriously can't have actually used that as an excuse :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back