• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Large budget run advice

smashed

Young Bun
Hi,
Sorry for another thread :)
Been scouring the net (and the forum archives) to try and find a decent size run for the 2 big rabbits. They will need something that is (a) secure as I will plan to leave it attached to the shed all day and night, (b) large, as they are big rabbits - though they will get garden time, and I need (c) a cheapish price as these 2 abandoned buns are costing me more than I can afford with all these starting necessities. :(

I have probably discarded DIY as I want to ensure that it is foxproof.

Thanks

Big cheap pens are hard to get hold of- most pens are relatively small to start off with, so those that are a decent size and strong are much more expensive.

The only suggestion iv got involves a TINY bit of diy- buy some aviary panels and screw them together. You can get them relatively cheap on ebay, and instead of using them height wise (ie 6foot heigh by 3 foot wide), use them on their side (so each panel would be 6 foot wide by 3 foot heigh).

Im sorry, i dont know how big your buns are, but 3foot is a decent height for most buns. It all depends on the size of garden youv got too, as the pen would be at least 6foot by 6foot doing it this way, with 4 panels for the sides, and either 2 for the roof, or you could buy a roll of strong mesh and staple/nail that on. Different places do do different sizes too so you could get better fitting ones (some do different widths ie 4foot, so it could be 4foot heigh, and some do different heights, so that could help the width)

I'd go for Zooplus, I *think* their offer should still be running :)
Great sized run.
Is it to be permanently attatched or not?

Thanks for the advice.
I am trying to avoid the aviary DIY as it will end up without doors etc. (though I guess they do them with mini doors?)
The zooplus looked a good size, but as I said in post #1, it will need to protect them 24 hours a day, or a fox may get into the shed via the run.

I will do some more research on the aviary panels.

Back