• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good Rabbit vet Near Ashford, Kent?

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
A friend needs a good rabbit vet near Ashford in Kent - her rabbit has some eye problems which it sounds like are being mishandled (and sounds like mis-diagnosed) by her current vet .

Anybody recommend anyone? I am nowhere near there.

ooh - she just said 'near Ashford' - she's a phone aquiantance rather than close friend. She works at Forsham Arks which is quite a way south.

I've just had a look at where Forsham Arks is and it is the wrong side of Ashford for Canterbury, but if she is interested, I go to Maison Dieu in Canterbury and the vet there (Valeria) is really good.

When my bunny Poppy was ill once, and my sister took her in, she sent her out to the supermarket to make sure that Poppy had all her favourite foods at hand and she also picked stuff from her garden to give her.

When Lucy was in she really went out of her way to try and make her better and when Lucy died she did the PM for free as she wanted to find out what had happened (not saying she does that for everybody though).

I've always found her to be really thorough and caring about the animals she treats.

They do have a branch in Dover as well which might be easier/quicker for her to get to, but I dont know what the vets are like there.

Guess this might have been solved but there are a lot of veterinary practices in the Ashford area. When Maya was alive i used to take him to www.barrowhill-vets.com Maya had teard duct problems and had to have them flushed regularly. They were really good with him.

i personally found 2 of the barrowhill branches very savy with cats an dogs not so much bunnies, i know the ashford one is twice as expencive as there other banches too to pay for the new refit,

Back