• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Readi grass

how often should buns get it? xx

There's no 'should' in it :) It's just a type of dried grass that can be fed if you wish. Therefore you can feed it daily or just every so often. It is very important to remember that as it is flash freeze dried it is very dehdyrated grass and therefore plenty of fresh water should be offered alongside it in a bowl as well as a bottle. When mine have readigrass (once a week or once every couple of weeks say) they tend to drink A LOT afterwards. It is very high in fibre and good for dental wear and GI motility but just makes them thirsty.

I feed it everyday in addition to their hay. One of my pairs isn't that good at hay eating but he loves this.

Not sure it it's correct but I think I heard it has high calcium levels so I wouldn't give too much if that's the case... :?

Not sure it it's correct but I think I heard it has high calcium levels so I wouldn't give too much if that's the case... :?

yep, I've heard that too... I keep an eye on their wee - not had any problems... they get less than a handful each a day, so as not to over do it :)

mine don't get access to grass which is why i was thinking of this, and one of my buns isn't a fab hay eater so thinking he might like this
Thanks x

The bag of ReadiGrass I have says it has the correct balance of calcium and phosphorus "for normal skeletal development", in theory grass is the perfect balance for bunnies (ie their natural food). I'm having trouble growing enough grass to keep my bunnies going and Artie seems to get bloat with spring greens; he's had an operation to remove the calcium from his bladder so I want to be really careful with calcium levels in his diet - he loves ReadiGrass (I've only just introduced it to them) and it would be the answer to so many prayers if it doesn't have too much calcium in it :?

It would be really good to know the absolute truth about the calcium dilemma :?

:wave: I remembered to ask FHB her opinion on feeding readigrass today -especially with reference to Artie as I have to be careful with his calcium intake. Readigrass apparently is really good to feed, not too high in calcium at all but very good nutritionally.

Mine will be getting it regularly now whilst it's hard to get fresh grass.

Readi grass is basically freeze dried grass.
I feed it everyday and my lot love it - I mix 1-2 handfuls in their dog bowl with their pellets so they have to forage.
It does make them thirsty though so make sure there's plenty of water :)

Back