• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best flea and mite treatment?

isla

Mama Doe
I've used xeno 450 in the past, but I'm pretty sure I read something bad about it. My rabbits have nothing I know of in the way of fleas and mites, but we are moving to a field, and they will be close ish to sheep and chickens, so I and drugging them up with anything I can get my hands on at the moment.
Should I just stick to the xeno 450? Or use something else?

Also does anyone where they hide the panacur 10% liquid on vet uk? I can only find the paste, which I don't want to use.

Ta for any help!

You can buy the Ivermectin in liquid bottles too but vetuk dont seem to have em. They work out much cheaper.

You can buy the Ivermectin in liquid bottles too but vetuk dont seem to have em. They work out much cheaper.

You can buy a Jhonsons flea powder from most pet shops, it's especially for small animals. With my rabbit it always works in one treatment, you have to stop the rabbit grooming its self for half an hour though :roll:

no this is the proper vet stuff that they use at all the vet practices. Much better product than the johnsons products.

Ivermectin is good for treating mites but it's not very effective against fleas, I'm afraid.
You would be better off using something like Advantage if you want to get rid of fleas xx

Back