• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bond outdoors

papaecho17

New Kit

Even though going outdoors is very dangerous for your house rabbit, it is still important that you let them experience outdoors. Preys such as dogs, hawks, and coyotes are really a big threat to your rabbits however this should not interfere you to bring your rabbits outdoors. Just be sure that you will be able to purchase a good quality harness (not too tight) so as your bunny will be secured. The harness must fit with your fingers and your bunny should comfortable...
Please help me more to ensure the safety of our bunny's that was the only thing that my parents told me about going outdoors :p

Please don't buy a harness, these can be very dangerous for rabbits, in partucular if the rabbit gets startled and the harness or lead gets caught around it's limbs.

It is not dangerous for house rabbits to go outside normally unless you have not made your garden bunny safe.

The best way to ensure bunny safety outside is to provide a secure run and supervise them.

If you have a secure garden and choose to 'free range' then you must supervise at all times or you cannot guarantee the rabbits safety.#

Ensure all toxic plants are removed or screened off, that there are no ponds or holes into which your bunny can fall.

Ensure that bunny can not escape.

I do not free range and prefer to have a secure run on hard standing for all of my rabbits.

Back