• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with bonding/change in behaviour/pic

Becky:)

Alpha Buck
Daisy and Tinks have been in a bonded foursome for 2 years, on Sunday night they got into a fight. Last night I decided to re start the bonding process in a completely neutral space. It didn't go very well. Daisy has always been very submissive within the group. I spent an hour in the bathroom and it was going ok, lots of ignoring, then tinks moved in and gave Daisy a little groom and then presented her head for grooming (as she has always been the dominant bun) but Daisy got agressive and they started to scuffle so i seperated them, after this all they wanted to do was be aggro and it was late, i couldnt trust them over night even sleeping close so I gave up.

What is confusing me is this is a pic from Sun afternoon;
115.jpg

Daisy is clearly grooming Tink. How can Daisy's attitude change so quickly?

In the first scuffle they had Daisy had a scratch on her ear so i went to the vets hoping for advice. The vet told me to buy a rabbit behaviour book:roll:

I am at a loss, I absolutley loved having my foursome and they were really happy, what could have made this happen?
Just to add they are both girls spayed a year and half ago, the other two are male and female both neutured :(
I hope somebody can help me, I am going to try the bonding again later today but i'm not holding out much hope.
My o/h who knows the bunnies well, not so much about bunny behaviour thinks there might be something wrong with Daisy to cause her agression, I have checke dher body for physical things and i can'y find anything, could he be right?

Back