• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my rabbit isn't eating

Eve18

New Kit
hi.
so my rabbit douglas has suddenly stopped eating the pellets i usually give him. he's still eating grass and some apple and hay and he's had a couple of treats. he hadn't eaten for a few days so i took him to the vets. the vet checked his teeth and said they were fine and that there weren't any blockages or anything and he said he was a healthy weight. he gave him a couple of injections and said he should be ok. so we took him home but he's still not eating his pellets and he's gone off the apple now too.
he'll still eat grass and he's acting a bit happier.
he's in moult and in previous years he's gone off his food a bit but not like this. could the the moult be linked to his lack of appetite?
there's been no droppings either.
should i go back to the vet?
i'm really worried about him. please help.
thanks.

Last edited:
Moulting can make rabbits a bit off colour but he should still be eating and pooping.

He needs to see a vet quickly to get pain killers and gut motility drugs. Ring the vets now and in the meantime, keep him warm and try to get him to hop around a bit becuase this can stimulate the gut into moving again.

Lots of vibes

FC x

Back