• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

eric's strange eating habits post op

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
since eric came home on wednesday following his castration and dental, his eating habits seem different.

he's not very bothered with pellets, doesn't hastily gobble down fine green beans, just eats them eventually and even leaves fenugreek crunchies lying around for a while:shock:

he's munching on hay, just not as much. he IS eating overall, just not as much as he was:?

he's tucking into his bunny greens grass and is having a lovely time in the garden but dried food doesn't seem to be taking his fancy. he is chewing any bit of card or paper he can get his paws on tho:?

i've just noticed his poops seem a bit too soft out on the grass so i'm closing the door now. he did have an antibiotic injection yesterday tho as he's been picking at his stitches:evil: other than that he seems pretty bright - binkying, running about and being 'eric-y'.

not sure what i'm asking here - just waffling on about the 'changes' i sense since his op on tuesday. is it normal for them to be less hungry after surgery?

It is normal yes,two of mine went off their pellets for around a week:D.As long has he keeps eating a pooing he will be fine:D

It is normal yes,two of mine went off their pellets for around a week:D.As long has he keeps eating a pooing he will be fine:D

phew - thank you for that :D he doesn't seems to have pooped much in his tray today but the ones outside as i said, were big and a bit squishy:?

were yours in for dentals or neutering?

phew - thank you for that :D he doesn't seems to have pooped much in his tray today but the ones outside as i said, were big and a bit squishy:?

were yours in for dentals or neutering?
One was in for both and one for spaying:D
His poo should be back to normal soon,it is nothing to worry about.

Back